300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The MTA

Doesn't it seem that the MTA is always asking for more and more money?

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...0,446184.story
    sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

They are in big trouble. Their budget gap is bigger than most agencies.
    NYPD
    Exam 5047- Passed
    Medical- Passed 8/27/08
    JST- Passed 9/8/08
    Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
    Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
    Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
    Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
    Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
    Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

Comment

MTA is ATM backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by bkny27 View Post
        MTA is ATM backwards.
        LOL that's funny I work for the MTA and I say the same thing to myself all the time (ATM). But the MTA is a huge mismanaged agency if they were in the private sector they would have went under a long time ago. But People don't know that the MTA brings all these individual companies such as LIRR, New York City Transit, Metro North and etc under there umbrella but they all run as individual companies nothing between any of these agencies intermingle. So we can start there to cut some cost by getting some off there day to day functions combined but I guess it isn't that easy.

Comment

I work for the LIRR, i just heard yesterday they announced that MTA will lay off 1000 people, hopefully it won't affect LIRR much considering MTA is what 30,000-60,000 people and LIRR is only 9,000. But yea, MTA has all these projects going at the same time and they never seem to get done while they keep proposing new ones.

The other day i was going home and this guy on a subway came in with his MTA jacket on. I guess he just got off his tour? Another guy in the train started insulting him about fare hikes etc, almost turned into a fight.
          NYPD Exam 7/12/08
          #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
          JST 9/2/08 - Done
          Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
          Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
          Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
          Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Comment

Hey, did anyone

Comment

I've always wondered how the MTA worked.. Is it a sub-division of the NYPD or a completely separate agency? Do they only take care of the Subways? They do not take care of Grand Central or Penn Station, do they?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

MTA police is different from NYPD, its a VERY small department. They don't take care of subways, they mostly responsible for the LIRR and Metro North i think, and all areas AROUND the tracks. That is why they are certified police officers in NY and in Connecticut. If you are hired, you might have to work in Connecticut. THey are also responsible for highways that run along the tracks.
                NYPD Exam 7/12/08
                #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                JST 9/2/08 - Done
                Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
                Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
                Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
                Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Comment

Originally posted by Brendon View Post
                  I've always wondered how the MTA worked.. Is it a sub-division of the NYPD or a completely separate agency? Do they only take care of the Subways? They do not take care of Grand Central or Penn Station, do they?

Thank you in advance.
                  Okay, the MTA Police are an entirely separate law enforcement agency from the NYPD. The do attend the same academy. The MTA Police's primary job is railroad enforcement. This is due to the agency absorbing the Metro North and LIRR Police Depts, in the mid 90's.

NYPD absorbed the transit police in 95. The reason that NYPD absorbed them and not MTA is because NYCTP was a New York City agency

Also since the MTA is one Giant parent company for each of these little companies, they sort of do their own thing. Hence why you have NYPD in the subway, MTA on the Rail Roads, Local PD's on the the buses, and TBTA on the bridges. I've heard a few MTA cops who say that they think that one big MTA PD would make sense but understand that due to bureaucratic nightmare it would pose that it wouldn't happen anytime soon.

Hope that answered your question

Comment

Thank you for explaining, krash, I appreciate it!

Comment

Well I just saw one of those new N4 buses today around Lynbrook. Who is the genius that decided to go with the same color decals as New York City and get rid of the Orange and Blue? Well one can hope that these buses will actually run and not break down all the time like the old ones.

Last edited by Sense0Purpose1; 03-22-2009, 09:40 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sense0Purpose1 View Post
                        Well I just saw one of those new N4 buses today around Lynbrook. Who is the genius that decided to go with the same color decals as New York City and get rid of the Orange and Blue? Well one can hope that these buses will actually run and not break down all the time like the old ones.

Last I heard they were trying to merge MTA bus and LIB into one company. Maybe since they're buying up all this crap and doing this merging they'll turn around and hire some people

Comment

They probably couldn't afford the orange anymore... lol

Comment

Seems the new buses are just like the old ones.....saw a new bus broken down on Sunrise Hwy today in Rockville Centre. Wait to go Mta!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I saw an mta police station today, it looked like a shed in Garden City... a shed surrounded by MTA RMP's actually many more than i expected. only one of them was that awesome silver color though.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7456 users online. 368 members and 7088 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X