300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Psychological

So i had my oral psychological yesterday was about 10 min long. Was a little nervous from hearing all the horror stories i heard, i was nervous. They asked few basic questions drugs/fights/domestic violence issues/ school/medical history/ and that was it.

So for those of you whom are nervous just calm down and answer the questions honestly and you will have no problems!

Cool man...Thanks for the heads up!
    Exam 8322
    List# 5XX
    Medical: Passed
    Written: Passed
    Oral: Passed
    Meet with BI: Done
    JST: Passed
    1st Mini-Med: Passed
    2nd Mini-Med: Passed 11/29/11

Let's go January 2012!!!

Comment

hey well she stamped something and then asked for my exam number not sure about signing and folding?

was told everything looks good and i should not have to be back here again

BTW i called my investigator and was told i passed

hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by genzcop
        after the interview was over, did the psychologist take out another form and stamped it with a stamp and folded it and told u to write down your exam, list, name, and sign it? or was it just check, check, check he say good luck and you say thank you and goodbye and out the door?

mine was about 45min long and he took out another piece of form and folded the bottom so i couldn't see what kind of form was it for. and then he told me to write down my exam, list, and sign it. anyone experience that also?
        I don't mean to scare you. This is not a rule and by no means that you are not qualified for this job, but if you were in there for 45 min., you might be on psych review. If you were in there for 10-20 min...you passed. I would call your BI in the morning and in the afternoon everyday to find out the results. And don't leave messages. That gets annoying after awhile. He/she will not call you back. They have other important things to do then return phone calls. And every BI is different.
        NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
        * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
        * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
        * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
        * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
        * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
        * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

yeah i heard about that too...thanks btw
          Your first priority to find out if your on psych review. Here's an idea. You should call the scheduling unit if you can't get in contact with your BI. The scheduling unit will tell if you can schedule a date for the JST or if your on review. Which you can't go any further until you get off.

Here's the numbers.

718-972-7344
          718-972-7376
          718-972-7340
          718-972-7316

* JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)

July Academy

Comment

Negative, I was there for around 40 minutes and I'm not under any sort of review.

Comment

like nypd said the most important thing is to check if you are on review! once you have physc review INMO you are screwed just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Hindsight 20/20 View Post
                Negative, I was there for around 40 minutes and I'm not under any sort of review.
                I didn't say it was true. They're maybe a handful of candidates that I read that were in there for that long and are not on review. It's a small number compared to people that were in there for a long time and put on review which is a higher number.

July Academy

Comment

same i was in there for about 45 minutes. no review here
                  Jesus didn't tap

"You will sweat in here so you don't bleed out there"

"Recruit, I will smoke you!!"

Comment

i just scheduled my JST for march, since i was able to schedule does that mean i'm not in psych review? btw thank you NYPD13
                    Congrats, your not on review. At least I don't think so. They check to see if you're on review before you can schedule anything in general. Here's another number (automated).

718-697-3273

What did they say when you called?

July Academy

Comment

Question I had my oral psychological today i was in there for about 25-30 mins.(Do I have To be worry) At the end all he asked me my address/phone#
                      and my list and exam number did that happen to any of you guys?

I feel it went good.
                      "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; For all these things must come to pass but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom and there will be famines pestilences, and earthquakes in verious places. All these are the beginning of sorrows"

- Matthew 24:6-8

Comment

when i went i was there for 5-10 mins....and was never told to write anything down...and i passed...good luck

Comment

Yea i didn't write antyhing he did. He also took out a peace of paper out from the draw. I hope everything went ok
                          "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; For all these things must come to pass but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom and there will be famines pestilences, and earthquakes in verious places. All these are the beginning of sorrows"

- Matthew 24:6-8

Comment

Hello everyone

Back in 2003 I went through everything for TEA and I ended up on psych review. Till this day I am not sure what went wrong, maybe I was a little too friendly with the psychologist...But everytime I called the only answer I got was "your on psychological review" .....but why? "I dont know".

My investigator gave me I dont know's as well. Then my exam expired and that was the end of that chapter.

I am currently going to take the PD exam on sunday march 1st 8051 I believe.

I hope everything turns out well but by the way things are looking in the city budget I am not holding my breath.

Good Luck to everyone else already in the process. I hope you all get in !

Comment

Originally posted by MannyQ View Post

I am currently going to take the PD exam on sunday march 1st 8051 I believe.
                              !
                              Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5954 users online. 314 members and 5640 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X