Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rochester Police officer shot in back of head, ‘fighting for his life’

http://democratandchronicle.com/arti...SFRONTCAROUSEL

"A Rochester police officer is “fighting for his life” and undergoing surgery at Rochester General Hospital after being shot in the back of the head this afternoon, said Police Chief David Moore.

The officer, who is in his early 20s, has been in the police force for about a year. He and three other officers responded to a complaint about drug activity in the area of 21 Dayton St. and questioned a group of people on the street. The officers found no reason to make arrests and turned to walk away at 3:46 p.m., when an unknown number of shots were fired. Moore said police are still investigating whether the shots came from the group of people officers had questioned, or from farther away.

The other three police drove the injured officer to Rochester General Hospital in a squad car and performed first aid.

Talk on police scanners originally indicated the officer was female.

In a joint press conference at Rochester General this evening with Moore and Mayor Robert J. Duffy, Gov. David A. Paterson said he had met with the man’s family and other officers.

“Whoever fired the gun this afternoon deserves to be in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit), not that brave officer,” said Paterson, who was in Rochester to meet with U.S. Sen. Kirsten E. Gillibrand and community leaders when he heard about the shooting.

Duffy said the officer’s father is a veteran member of the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and called the attack unprovoked. “I can’t think of anything more cowardly than what happened here,” he said.

About 70 to 80 police officers are also at Rochester General, according to hospital spokesman Marty Aarons. The officer’s surgery is expected to take several hours.

Police officers are now scouring backyards on Avenue D and surrounding areas to determine where the shots came from. State troopers, county officials and other emergency personnel are also at the crime scene. Streets between Hudson Avenue and North Street are blocked off from Cleon Street to the north and Avenue D to the south. Hudson Street is also blocked off between Cleon and Avenue D.

No arrests have been made. Rochester police are asking anyone who saw or heard anything to call 911.

Check back for more details as they become available."

Good luck, Officer. You are in my prayers.
    toocoldhere11
    Forum Member
    Last edited by toocoldhere11; 01-31-2009, 08:23 PM.

+1 god bless
    Jesus didn't tap

"You will sweat in here so you don't bleed out there"

"Recruit, I will smoke you!!"

Comment

prayers for the officer.
      sigpic

Comment

hang in there brother

Comment

That whole city should be razed... it is rediculous how many dirtbags there are there. I hope the officer makes it and the shooter resists when he is arrested.
          sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

GrayState
            Forum Member
            Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Hearing this makes my stomach sick!!!

The RPD know what they are doing and will have the scum responsible locked up before too long.

Comment

I'll see what I can find out, I am retired from RPD and it can be a tough place to work, but whoever is responsible for this I'm sure will be brought to justice.

prayers to the officer and his family, hang in there brother, we have your back.

Comment

This is terrible...my prayers are with the officer and his family. I can't believe how cowardly this is and can't explain how sick it makes me feel.

Comment

More proof

This is just one more reason that the "omniscient" people in Albany, that think they know what is best for us, need to pull there heads out and reinstate the death penalty immediately and speed the proscess up for slam dunk cases. Convicted monday @ 3pm... cold by 9p. I bet that would curb some of the violence against police officers, or society as a whole for that matter, if these scumbags knew they were going to the the needle when convicted.
                    sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

prayers for the officer

Comment

Consider the Officer in my prayers also.
                        New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

anyone know if the officer survived ?
                          i hope the officer is okay and survived. the scumbags won't get away.
                          no one gets away for shooting an officer.
                          prayers go to the officer and the family.

Comment

Prayers for the officer.
                            Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
                            NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
                            Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
                            NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
                            NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
                            U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

My prayers to the officer. As for the scumbag, death penalty if we had it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3279 users online. 214 members and 3065 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X