300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your the boss...

If the Chief gave you the ability to Improve your dept what changes would you make?

and NO you can't hire all your buddies...(lol)

switch all the paperwork to a computer and no more type writers.

Comment

As an auxiliary PO, immediately set a limit that service with the NCPD Aux must cease on your 65th birthday, unless you work in and ONLY communications division. Second I would set up a system for arming APO's like Suffolk has, with just as strict, if not more strict regulations. God the list is endless lol... darn

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
        As an auxiliary PO, immediately set a limit that service with the NCPD Aux must cease on your 65th birthday, unless you work in and ONLY communications division. Second I would set up a system for arming APO's like Suffolk has, with just as strict, if not more strict regulations. God the list is endless lol... darn
        LOL I'd do the same thing. Only if I really was in charge.
        Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
        NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
        Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
        NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
        NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
        U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

Originally posted by bkny27 View Post
          switch all the paperwork to a computer and no more type writers.
          rookie that is the stupidest thing ever lol j/k think about it bro having to write out that paper work and do the typing on the computer and do the vouchers is what helps you get overtime out of a collar duh

on a side note i would change popeye and bloomie and get rid of all the kowtowing to the special intrest groups...o and eeo what are we 12 y/os or police officers we are suppose to have think skin not get upset cause a guy has a picture of a naked chick on his locker

Comment

Originally posted by ItIsWhatItIs73 View Post
            rookie that is the stupidest thing ever lol j/k think about it bro having to write out that paper work and do the typing on the computer and do the vouchers is what helps you get overtime out of a collar duh

on a side note i would change popeye and bloomie and get rid of all the kowtowing to the special intrest groups...o and eeo what are we 12 y/os or police officers we are suppose to have think skin not get upset cause a guy has a picture of a naked chick on his locker
            CCRB.

I hate the type writer but it helped me get 1hour of over time.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

If it's the NYPD we're talking about, have Corrections or maybe NYC Sheriff's do prisoner transports and have Corrections or maybe NYC Hospital Police sit on hospitalized prisoners, to free up thousands of manhours for patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
                Suffolk APO's can also carry firearms on duty if they choose. NYPD really needs to do that. I'd try to make it that after a year of serving as an APO, that they'd try to work with you so you could get hired as a full PO.

If we're talking about Nassau County, than pretty much everything needs to be redone for the hiring process. A YEAR to get test results is unacceptable.
                Last edited by Brendon; 01-30-2009, 01:30 AM.

Comment

typewriters... goodness .

For the aux police in NYC why not have a reserve PD for those that can make it through the academy like LAPD? just a thought.

Comment

Fire the mayor and his cronies, get rid of the liberals, lock up the criminals

Works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by mark7777 View Post
                      typewriters... goodness .

For the aux police in NYC why not have a reserve PD for those that can make it through the academy like LAPD? just a thought.
                      I'd love to see that but Kelly doesn't seem to want it. Maybe a future Commissioner will do this.
                      Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
                      NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
                      Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
                      NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
                      NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
                      U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

Although I am not a member of the SCPD or SCSO, I do think restructuring the county of suffolk more like every other county in every other state in the US. County Sheriff is responsible for the county, and restructure the SCPD to be a more local, community oriented police, foot posts/bike cops in villages like smithtown, lindenhurst, babylon, sayville, patchogue. More pro active police dept. leave highway and big county roads to sheriff as well as bigger operations. Let the PD handle, combat and prevent crime at the community level.

Thats all i can think of now I'm sure I'll edit later.

Edit - I'd re-do the pay scale too, probably some pay cuts especially for new officers or deputies, allow the hiring of people who previously completed a police academy in NYS, and taken the written exam, a more condensed academy for them, almost like a refresher/brain washing of bad habits.
                        Last edited by CAnde; 01-31-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Last edited by slayerized6; 11-16-2015, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayerized6 View Post
                            1.5 years since i took the nassau test and still waiting for my list #
                            Absolutely pathetic.
                            How its that slow is beyond me....
                            The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

its absolutely PERFECT that NCPD didnt establish the list yet

Tomorrow the Nassau County CE MAY announce anywhere from 90-300 NCPD PO layoffs unless the PBA and other PD unions can cut $50 million dollars through pay cuts, givebacks, and other cuts.
                              As long as this list is on hold, and not established, the clock hasnt started yet.

IMO theres not going to be any layoffs, but dont expect NCPD classes until mid/late 2009.

Now for changes for ANY department would 100% be raise morale among the job. Once morale is increased it makes for a better work environment and there will be other changes.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2956 users online. 120 members and 2836 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X