300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DON'T CUT COPS by New York Post

Hey Guys atleast New York Post is on our side !

DON'T CUT COPS

Under any circumstances, cutting the police force is troubling. New York has been down that road before, with unhappy results.

But this cut would come when city murders are reportedly up 8 percent over last year - in addition to anecdotal evidence of slippage in the city's overall quality of life.

Kelly told the council that, while he isn't thrilled with the budgetary "hand that [he's] been dealt," he's confident that crime could be kept under control.

Now, we have the utmost confidence in Kelly's ability to get the most out of the resources available to him. But eliminating an academy class severely restricts the top cop's flexibility.

It's especially problematic when you consider how Kelly deployed rookies during a crime spike earlier this year.

In April, in response to an uptick in serious crimes (murder, rape and robbery), Kelly doubled the number of rookies in high-crime "impact zones."

That "surge" proved a quick success, getting immediate control of a situation that had produced a 25 percent jump in murders from the previous April.

No one envies the mayor the tough choices he has to make. But he must keep in mind that a strong, fully mobilized police force is an economic asset in and of itself.

New York bounced back in the mid-'90s, when American and international tourists alike realized that "the bad old days" of the city were over - and that it was safe to walk the streets again.

Those people became visitors, ready, willing and able to spend their money in the city.

The city economy thrived once again.

Envision the opposite of that - fewer cops, increased crime, fewer visitors, less tourist revenue.

Et cetera.

Cut where you must, Mr. Mayor, but the cops should be way down the list.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12012008...ops_141678.htm
    GOD is in control ! I Love You so much God.

Dont be fooled. Be involved in an any incident as a cop and they too will be showing up at your house with 99 questions. As a cop, the media is not your friend.
    Makin the switch
    8307 1xx

Comment

true but that doesn't really pertain to this article

the post actually makes a good point in this one, problem is it'll probably fall on deaf ears
      "There's only two kinds of people who walk slow in this city... Us and them."

Glock 26
      Glock 19
      HK 45

Comment

The good thing about the article is it says that one of the two classes are cut, NOT BOTH, for you people still on board for the next class !

Comment

that is what we need to avoid a long long wait without academy: PUBLIC MOBILIZATION, and first step is media, then politician etc...
          down to the article I 100% agree. I am ****ed that Jan was canceled but I live... keep canceling the academy and then you have less cop on the street, crime spiking...anybody watch the news lately? that was a while we did not hear about a bus driver getting stab for a Xfer...
          Unfortunately this is just the beginning, look around you when you take the subway how it changed quickly.
          Exam 8300

Comment

Maybe they will miraculously find money under a NYC mattress before January! LOL
            Decided against NYPD
            Wasted my time with that

Amtrak PD Exam 8/07 Passed
            Interview 2/19/09 Passed
            Written Psych 2/19/09 Passed
            BI "Blue Book" Turned in 2/23
            Oral Psych 3/11/09 Passed
            BI Meeting 10/04/09- BI Complete
            Medical ?
            Academy ?

Comment

that mattress should be the city council and their "pet" projects.
              Jesus didn't tap

"You will sweat in here so you don't bleed out there"

"Recruit, I will smoke you!!"

Comment

how about 9 million to change the name of that bridge(what i think i heard on the news), and the $60,000 to put rugs in the governers mansion....

Comment

Originally posted by madcat816 View Post
                  true but that doesn't really pertain to this article

the post actually makes a good point in this one, problem is it'll probably fall on deaf ears
                  Yeah, The Post really went to bat for us with this one.
                  Makin the switch
                  8307 1xx

Comment

How about a salary freeze on these politicians that make ****loads of money?

Comment

just have NYPD raise there quota for traffic violations lol. A lot of counties in the country rely on traffic violations and other tickets for funding wishful thinking right?

Comment

there is no such thing as a quota*

and why do you think they are bringing 400 traffic officers on right now but no POs?
                        Jesus didn't tap

"You will sweat in here so you don't bleed out there"

"Recruit, I will smoke you!!"

Comment

Nice article. Hope they realize the mistake they are making.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc1219 View Post
                            there is no such thing as a quota*
                            Suggested goal sounds alot better
                            The Few, The Proud, The Marines...

Comment

Originally posted by fabolous084 View Post
                              Suggested goal sounds alot better
                              You mean monthly performance goal.
                              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3988 users online. 216 members and 3772 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X