300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• off the books jobs

Last edited by slayerized6; 01-15-2009, 10:27 PM.

if they can never prove it you don't it down. Workin off the books is illegal reember that. You basically were unemployed when u were workin off the books

Comment

Last edited by slayerized6; 01-15-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

do not put your off the book jobs on paper or tell them. it hurt me because most of my jobs were off the books, so on paper i look like a bum not working.

remember those pics they took of us at the medical? when they make a pedigree sheet on you(where you live, work, any tattoos, scars..ect) a copy of that gets send to the rcu -Resicency Check Unit. they will do the follow-ups and see if your info hits out. once they confirm they will pass it along to your BI
        Jesus didn't tap

"You will sweat in here so you don't bleed out there"

"Recruit, I will smoke you!!"

Comment

Off the books means off the books.

Only YOU can make the big-boy decision and noone else can for you.
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

If you'd lie about jobs that you have worked at on or off the books, what else might you lie about that would be my question.
            Choose a job that you love and you'll never work a day in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by nycop View Post
              If you'd lie about jobs that you have worked at on or off the books, what else might you lie about that would be my question.
              Not 'lying,' its 'omitting.' Don't lie about anything. They don't want you to put your off the book jobs down. They know many, many people have worked these kind of jobs (as a busboy or whatnot) BUT they even told me at my initial medical to not put these kind of jobs down.
              NYPD Exam #8000

Comment

If you worked 4 days for someone off the books rehabing a house, do not bother your BI with it, but if you have been working for 2 and one-half years off the books and supporting yourself, you may have a hard time explaining that, and your investigator will probably pick up on that. As far as lying goes-DON'T. But do not take the "sin" of omission too lightly, forgetting a job a couple of years ago that you worked a couple days is one thing, but if you "forget" a job that you had for a period of time, the investigator may start thinking about other things that you may have "forgotten".

You say you are looking for an MOS to answer that question-that is a question that ONLY YOU can answer, because once you answer it, you have to be ready for the questions that will follow.

Off the books jobs always sound great, but remember the old saying:

if it sounds too good to be true............

Comment

Im only 21, and when I was younger ( 9th grade ect) I had a few off the books lasting for a few years at a time. I only told my BI about the ones that lasted for 2+ years, and she didnt really care. Every BI is different I guess though.

Comment

Last edited by slayerized6; 01-15-2009, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayerized6 View Post
                      what was her reaction when you told her? i heard numerous times that they (the ppl at medical) tell you to omit off the books jobs.
                      Yea I mean I realized after, I really wouldn't have just didn't realized till I wrote it. She didn't say any thing at all about it. She went over it, looked at my income sheets and saw they were off the books some of the jobs. I guess I lucked out, looking back i wouldn't have wrote them.

Comment

Originally posted by NycNick98 View Post
                        Yea I mean I realized after, I really wouldn't have just didn't realized till I wrote it. She didn't say any thing at all about it. She went over it, looked at my income sheets and saw they were off the books some of the jobs. I guess I lucked out, looking back i wouldn't have wrote them.

Your BI didn't ask you for a Detail Earnings Report?

OP, you should get your Detail Earnings Report and go from there. I went to my BI today and thats all APD goes by when they send out the forms that you filled out.
                        NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
                        * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
                        * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
                        * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
                        * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
                        * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
                        * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

Well I did give that to her, and she realized that on my packet there was 2 jobs that wasn't on the earnings report, and saw it was when I was like 16 and didn't say any thing.

Comment

Last edited by slayerized6; 11-16-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

working off the books is illegal. it is considered tax evasion. if they wanted to jam you and the person who employed you up, they could have. as long as your not 32 and have never had an "on the books" job your fine. at the med they told us, if you have worked off the books... DO NOT put it down. I remember 3 years ago when I became an apo they yelled at me for saying I worked off the books. I was told to never mention it.
                              your BI will not jam you up, unless you've been lying to her about a lot of other things.

remember if there is no paper trail... it didn't happen.
                              I had about 4 off the books jobs, but I was living with my parents at the time and I wasn't making millions, so I put unemployed. simple as that.
                              Last edited by nyc1219; 11-09-2008, 06:27 PM. Reason: my bad
                              Jesus didn't tap

"You will sweat in here so you don't bleed out there"

"Recruit, I will smoke you!!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4000 users online. 280 members and 3720 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X