300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC084 View Post
    If your an outside agency you can experience this and still have to transport your prisoner to CB. Sometimes this can take can carry over to your next tour.
    What about in brooklyn when you are all done and the guys who do the transport to BCB come back to the house with all the prisoners because BCB is closed.

Happens almost every weekend lol.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Originally posted by PTLovesMe81 View Post
      What about in brooklyn when you are all done and the guys who do the transport to BCB come back to the house with all the prisoners because BCB is closed.

Happens almost every weekend lol.
      Same thing in the bronx. After waiting for EMS screening, additional photos, print check and for the perp to be seen by personal info lady you get to hear Sorry Officer no more room in BXCB to lodge your prisoner take him back to the 52pct and then come back to the ADA where Officers are in the officer with sleeping bags and the stack of files have gotten up to thursday afternoon and you collared on saturday morning
      CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
      FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

This is a really funny thread because it couldn't be any closer to the truth. I've made collars in Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn. Brooklyn being the very worst with processing an arrest. I remember having one collar that I made at about 1000 hrs, and finished at approx 0200 hrs. Its not just about waiting for the typewriter, how about all the time we spend fixing the equipment once we do actually get a hold of it. I've had to call for repairs to the omniform in pcts that I didnt even belong to. Was I the only one that made a collar that day? This city is AMAZING! But it's been said already, and it holds true. It's all OT = who cares if it takes 9 to 12 hours to complete.

Comment

wow, all I have to do is fill out my citation, take to county jail and im done, Jailers do all the fingerprinting, pics etc. Arrest and back on street within 45 minutes unless its a DUI.
          DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

Kycop28........For those of you who are not from NYC, you have to realize that even though the NYPD has done a tremendous job in driving down crime, the sheer size of the city means thousands of arrests need to be processed through the Criminal Courts. It is in the interest of the Courts and the DAs to get dispositions at arraignment. Arraignments must be done within a certain number of hours after the arrest. So each arresting officer needs to provise sufficient information to the ADA handling the intake of cases to determine what offer will be made to the defendant. The OT expense is borne by the City because to do otherwise would create chaos in the criminal justice system.

Comment

I can only imagine when I make my first collar in about 2months or so. it' going to take me a WHILE to process since when I get out I won't have a clue.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                collars for dollars my man. Not sure how DHS is or any of those agencies but with TBTA if you go 4 hours over your tour on a collar you get an AIT (advance in tour) and get that night off, and have 1 extra paid day on your swing, OR you can work it and I believe you are paid double time for it.
                No double time, just time 1/2. Never heard about the extra 1 day swing either.

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                  I can only imagine when I make my first collar in about 2months or so. it' going to take me a WHILE to process since when I get out I won't have a clue.
                  negative most impact commands a officer with a lil more time then you will help u out with the arrest

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                    My hat is off to NYPD officers. I can't imagine it taking so long to process a lockup. MPDC isn't the most up-to-date on arrest processing but I can usually knock out everything in less than an hour.
                    Remember that is only for a citation release. If the guy is a lock up, or doesnt qualify, there are days Ive been at Superior Court until noon waiting for a lockup number and finally papering the case.

Comment

That sounds horrible. I dont know how yall deal with such a ridiculous system. How come on Law and Order they never wrtie any notes, have blood work done by the time they get back from the crime scene and Dont need their reports for testimony? Va is much easier, arrest, can issue a paper citation, which takes 5 minutes, for some misdemeanors...or arrest, drive to docket. Swear to a magistrate what happened, and drop off with jailors. Dui's there is some extra paperwork, but your usually done by the time you finish the breath test. driving to docket takes more time than swearing out a warrant sometimes.

Comment

df2338.....Have to ask....how many arrests is your department processing in a week? the numbers involved in the NYC system demand more time spent on each arrest to raise the possibility of a dispo at arraignment.

Comment

the amount of people arrested in NYC in 1 week is probably enough to populate a village.
                          sigpic

Comment

I remember when there was an OT cap a couple years ago. When they lifted that OT cap, there were about 4k arrests in the bronx alone in that first week.
                            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

More numbers that show the problem

I was watching the ESU video on NYPD recruit, and noted that they responded to 80,000 (yes that's correct) calls with an EDP.

Comment

That is ESU alone. Patrol responds to an EDP's on a regular which does not require ESU to respond.
                                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3867 users online. 237 members and 3630 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X