Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collars in NYC

e d i t e d . . . .
    Last edited by DEcop989; 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM.

cause were taught to coller for dollars, plus i think ny has many many more skells then DB. there backed up at mcb
    Jesus didn't tap

"You will sweat in here so you don't bleed out there"

"Recruit, I will smoke you!!"

Comment

e d i t e d . . . .
      Last edited by DEcop989; 06-19-2009, 05:59 PM.

Comment

We make the collar.

Bring collar back to precinct.

Complete a warrant check.

Complete a online arrest sheet.

Complete a complaint report.

Fax paperwork to ADA's office.

Fingerprint perp and wait for prints to come back from albany(could take a while).

Take photograph of perp.(must look around precinct for copy paper as its always out).

Bring perp back to holding cells(about 20 feet away from print/photo machine).

Perp crying and says life is unfair and wants to go to the hospital.

EMS ARRIVES.

You and perp depart to hospital.

After 6 hours or more later, perp is discharged.

Bring perp back to precinct.

Begin vouchering perps property.

Oppps... no more ribbon in the typewriter. 5 cops ahead of you on the one and only working typewriter.

Your turn.

Complete captions and sign.

Bring vouchers to desk for desk officers signature.

Ooops... desk officer stepped away or does not want to sign off on it as he is only covering the original desk officer... come back in an hour.(when your new).

Get signature.

Wait for ADA call.

Wait.

More waiting..

Keep waiting..

Time for breakfast...

MMM... good meal... still waiting though...

ADA calls and writes up complaint.

Faxes paperwork to you for signature.

Signed and faxed back.

Sign out and go home.
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Did you say typewriter?

Comment

you forgot when your new the transport to CB. that is always an adventure.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
              Did you say typewriter?
              Affirmative, electronic typewriters!

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                We make the collar.

Bring collar back to precinct.

Complete a warrant check.

Complete a online arrest sheet.

Complete a complaint report.

Fax paperwork to ADA's office.

Fingerprint perp and wait for prints to come back from albany(could take a while).

Take photograph of perp.(must look around precinct for copy paper as its always out).

Bring perp back to holding cells(about 20 feet away from print/photo machine).

Perp crying and says life is unfair and wants to go to the hospital.

EMS ARRIVES.

You and perp depart to hospital.

After 6 hours or more later, perp is discharged.

Bring perp back to precinct.

Begin vouchering perps property.

Oppps... no more ribbon in the typewriter. 5 cops ahead of you on the one and only working typewriter.

Your turn.

Complete captions and sign.

Bring vouchers to desk for desk officers signature.

Ooops... desk officer stepped away or does not want to sign off on it as he is only covering the original desk officer... come back in an hour.(when your new).

Get signature.

Wait for ADA call.

Wait.

More waiting..

Keep waiting..

Time for breakfast...

MMM... good meal... still waiting though...

ADA calls and writes up complaint.

Faxes paperwork to you for signature.

Signed and faxed back.

Sign out and go home.
                If your an outside agency you can experience this and still have to transport your prisoner to CB. Sometimes this can take can carry over to your next tour.

Comment

yup typewriters that haven't been considered new in 30 something years!

Comment

e d i t e d . . . .
                    Last edited by DEcop989; 06-19-2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

at first I was upset at the NYC arresting process, but now, waiting on a typewriter = more OT, waiting on copy paper = more OT, waiting 14 hours on an ADA on a day off = more OT.
                      I have no life so it suits me just fine for now.

Comment

On a good day with a compliant prisoner, I am done with all of my PAPERWORK in about 45minutes, including prints and photos.

The killer is waiting for the ADA to call back and do the paperwork thing.

A plus to all of this is a thing called EAP. Expedited Arrest Processing.

You sign a supporting disposition on certain crimes(its a limited list) and all you do is fax that, along with the online booking sheet and you are done.

There are ways around a lengthy arrest process, but thats on a good day. When you have a bag of crap prisoner, it gets a bit more lengthly.
                        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Damn damn damn. So if I get this job with DHS Police - if they ever call - I get to do all this pLUS transport, eh? Sounds like fun.
                          collars for dollars my man. Not sure how DHS is or any of those agencies but with TBTA if you go 4 hours over your tour on a collar you get an AIT (advance in tour) and get that night off, and have 1 extra paid day on your swing, OR you can work it and I believe you are paid double time for it.
                          sigpic

Comment

My hat is off to NYPD officers. I can't imagine it taking so long to process a lockup. MPDC isn't the most up-to-date on arrest processing but I can usually knock out everything in less than an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                              My hat is off to NYPD officers. I can't imagine it taking so long to process a lockup. MPDC isn't the most up-to-date on arrest processing but I can usually knock out everything in less than an hour.
                              It seems that most people who make a good amount of arrests can do their paperwork in about 45 minutes. The majority of arrest overtime comes from the waiting game.

If you fax your paperwork after 10pm. the "books" are closed for the night and no ADA will take your case until the next morning after 7am. If you have a ready and release case they are "Processed 24 hours a day"(supposedly) but you can't get any one to answer the phone over there between 2am and 6am. It either stays busy or rings over and over all night.

If you have an offense where you can issue a desk appearance ticket, you don't have to fax anything anywhere... you just have to finish your paperwork and put it in a folder. There is the added work of an extra 12 pages of paperwork for that though, so its a trade off.
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1877 users online. 121 members and 1756 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X