Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nypd January 2009 Academy

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nypd January 2009 Academy

    I just took the a walk-in exam #8312 on Oct 4,2008 and passed with a 92.941%. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get into the Jan 09 academy?? Every time I call the ADA I get different answers, some say yes some say no and some say maybe. How many people are they hiring for the January 2009 class? When will the class take place what date? I think if it takes place late January I might have a chance, because I live out of state and I can do the quest program. I am also a police officer in Virginia, which means nothing in New York City (Don't Know Why?) Please reply
    Hard work pays off.

  • #2
    I also just took Exam 8312 and scored a 95.294. Based on previous threads of people going through the process, exams much earlier than ours have not even been processed yet. If I remember correctly there are a few posters stating that they scored very well on exam 8310 and still have not received anything in the mail.

    I look at that and the fact of how many people have recently reopened their cases due to the new contract and am preparing myself for the July date. Like you said, if you speak to three different people you will most likely get three different answers, so I think the,"just wait and see what happens" approach would be the least agonizing way to go about it.

    You have already done all you can at this point, which is to take the exam and score as high on it as possible giving yourself the best chance of getting called when they do start calling.

    My other suggestion would be to start getting all the paperwork you know you will need when you do get called together now: HS diploma, college transcript, Military DD214, medical papers for injuries/surgeries you have had, etc...

    Good luck to you and hope to see you in the Academy eventually.

    Comment


    • #3
      i was informed from a source that the NYPD academy will not be going in for a year after january's class. unless you have a perfect record and scored way in the upper 90s , i dont think u have much of a chance to get in for jan. That might mean u have to wait 1.5 years. THOUSANDS of people have reopened their cases from as far as 3.5 years ago. I believe there are over 10 valid tests currently and thousands of applicants per test. Plus this academy is supposta be about 500 recruits , unlike the regular 12-1300.

      Comment


      • #4
        My brother and I went and took a walk in exam in August. We both scored in the 90's. I got a letter to start the process a couple of weeks ago. He got a letter saying our list was established, but nothing asking him to come in and start the process. I also know of people that scored in the 70's on the August test and are starting the process. My letter basically said that if I pass everything, I should be ready to go for the January Academy. They are advertising on the radio up here that if you take the October test, you could be ready for the January Academy. I don't think anyone knows how they go about picking who gets letters to start the process and who doesn't. I have heard everywhere from 500 people to 3500 people for the January class and then another class in July. People talk about hiring freezes and you get those same talks every year. Unless it comes out in the paper or in a press conference that NYPD is going into a hiring freeze, don't believe it.

        Hope that helps a little bit.
        NYPD EXAM #8307 - 95.279%
        Mini-Med and Backround- DONE
        Written Psych. - DONE
        Oral Psych. - DONE
        JST- DONE
        Meeting With BI - ???

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah I think its the fact of applicants re opening their test.

          Hell I reopened mines in sept before I got called for papd. I since then dropped it because I don't need it now. This is exam 3047 that I took 4 yrs ago.

          Anyway good luck fellas

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BKNY View Post
            I just took the a walk-in exam #8312 on Oct 4,2008 and passed with a 92.941%. I was wondering if it was possible for me to get into the Jan 09 academy?? Every time I call the ADA I get different answers, some say yes some say no and some say maybe. How many people are they hiring for the January 2009 class? When will the class take place what date? I think if it takes place late January I might have a chance, because I live out of state and I can do the quest program. I am also a police officer in Virginia, which means nothing in New York City (Don't Know Why?) Please reply
            The problem right now is not wether you will finish the process in time but if they already have more people than they need from earlier test. You will be done with everything before january for sure butlike i said by that time they might have already more than enough people processed for January class. I think they are hiring 1300 for this class.
            NYPD Exam 7/12/08
            #8305: 94%

            Medical 8/26/08 -Done
            JST 9/2/08 - Done
            Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
            Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
            Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
            Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by k85o911 View Post
              i was informed from a source that the NYPD academy will not be going in for a year after january's class. unless you have a perfect record and scored way in the upper 90s , i dont think u have much of a chance to get in for jan. That might mean u have to wait 1.5 years. THOUSANDS of people have reopened their cases from as far as 3.5 years ago. I believe there are over 10 valid tests currently and thousands of applicants per test. Plus this academy is supposta be about 500 recruits , unlike the regular 12-1300.
              No offense but your source is full of ****, sorry.
              NYPD Exam 7/12/08
              #8305: 94%

              Medical 8/26/08 -Done
              JST 9/2/08 - Done
              Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
              Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
              Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
              Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mjdga0411 View Post
                My brother and I went and took a walk in exam in August. We both scored in the 90's. I got a letter to start the process a couple of weeks ago. He got a letter saying our list was established, but nothing asking him to come in and start the process. I also know of people that scored in the 70's on the August test and are starting the process. My letter basically said that if I pass everything, I should be ready to go for the January Academy. They are advertising on the radio up here that if you take the October test, you could be ready for the January Academy. I don't think anyone knows how they go about picking who gets letters to start the process and who doesn't. I have heard everywhere from 500 people to 3500 people for the January class and then another class in July. People talk about hiring freezes and you get those same talks every year. Unless it comes out in the paper or in a press conference that NYPD is going into a hiring freeze, don't believe it.

                Hope that helps a little bit.

                Good post, there are BS rumors every single time NYPD academy is about to start, don't believe anything until its official because most people that post on here that are not verified leos get their sources from other people on here who get their sources from joe shmo candidate that he met at NYPD pscyh etc...Its all speculation at this point, until its official.
                NYPD Exam 7/12/08
                #8305: 94%

                Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                JST 9/2/08 - Done
                Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
                Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
                Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
                Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

                Comment


                • #9
                  I guess I will just leave it in gods hands and he will get me were I am going.
                  Hard work pays off.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Alexp View Post
                    Good post, there are BS rumors every single time NYPD academy is about to start, don't believe anything until its official because most people that post on here that are not verified leos get their sources from other people on here who get their sources from joe shmo candidate that he met at NYPD pscyh etc...Its all speculation at this point, until its official.
                    Well said! :-)
                    Good luck to you and everyone else going for it. Hope to see everyone in the January class. Worse case, Work out hard so you'll be one of the top recruits in July! :-)
                    Exam date: July 20, 2008
                    Exam #: 8120
                    List #: 1##

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      New to the board/site

                      Hey everyone,

                      I am new to the site. I am currently under investigation by APD. Just wanted to get to know some of my fellow recruits and hopefully get to see you all in January.

                      I do have one question: Does anybody know the specific dates for the beginning of the academy and when it will end?

                      Thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by QNSNorthfinest View Post
                        Hey everyone,

                        I am new to the site. I am currently under investigation by APD. Just wanted to get to know some of my fellow recruits and hopefully get to see you all in January.

                        I do have one question: Does anybody know the specific dates for the beginning of the academy and when it will end?

                        Thanks!
                        No one knows. but I am thinking that it's going to be in late Jan/09. In order to get the Oct/08 test in there. It going to be 1600+ recruits in Jan/09 you know.... take that for what it's worth.
                        Hard work pays off.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          they have only 8000 that opened there cases.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bkny27 View Post
                            they have only 8000 that opened there cases.
                            what do you mean?
                            Hard work pays off.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              a person who works for apd told me the class might only be 500

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4639 users online. 285 members and 4354 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X