300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick NYPD requirement question

Do I need to establish residency BEFORE I can enter the academy or before I graduate the academy?

before you enter the academy they will call you tell you are starting and you pretty much have to have a place to go thats in nyc or the surrounding counties

Comment

buy a small place in the bronx, hahaha

Comment

you have any family in NY?
        Suffolk, Nassau, westchester, orange, Putnam, or the 5boros of NYC?
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I know after the academy, they will not assign you to a pct which in the same area where you live. But, after you been assigned to a pct, can you move to that area afterward?
          Integrity First
          Service Before Self
          Excellence In All We Do

Comment

as has been said before on this forum, don't eat and deficate in the same place.

GeneralMelchid
            Banned
            Last edited by GeneralMelchid; 10-04-2008, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sillyapple View Post
              I know after the academy, they will not assign you to a pct which in the same area where you live. But, after you been assigned to a pct, can you move to that area afterward?
              You cannot live and work in the same pct, unless you live on staten island. Also don't forget, NYPD can live in Rockland county as well.

Comment

I live 120 miles from NYC. I have no family that live there. One of my friend's uncles has more than one place in NYC (apparently he is loaded). I've never met my friend's relative but my buddy is talking about going to live up there so maybe I can couch surf there for a little while. Other than that, I have another friend's parents that live in Trenton and another friend that goes to school in Montclair and is part of a frat. I could possibly stay in the frat house for a short time but staying a frat house and being a cop sounds like an oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by stevetweis View Post
                  I live 120 miles from NYC. I have no family that live there. One of my friend's uncles has more than one place in NYC (apparently he is loaded). I've never met my friend's relative but my buddy is talking about going to live up there so maybe I can couch surf there for a little while. Other than that, I have another friend's parents that live in Trenton and another friend that goes to school in Montclair and is part of a frat. I could possibly stay in the frat house for a short time but staying a frat house and being a cop sounds like an oxymoron.
                  Staying in Montclair at your buddies frat house wouldn't work at all considering you have to live in New York in the 5 boros, Long Island, westchester, rockland, orange or putnam county.

As for the initial question, supposidly the last few classes, they'd call you for the academy even if you lived out of state and you'd have a few weeks while in the academy to get New York residency and a New York drivers license... I do not know if they were just doing that because of the problem they were having with hiring people because of the pay or what, so I don't know if they'll still be doing that. I guess when you get further thru the process, say decemberish, ask your BI? they might be able to help

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. Hope to see everyone in January
                  nypdhopeful09
                  Forum Member
                  Last edited by nypdhopeful09; 10-05-2008, 02:53 PM.
                  NYPD when???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3662 users online. 239 members and 3423 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X