Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Lt. that ordered taser of mentally unstable man is found dead...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Lt. that ordered taser of mentally unstable man is found dead...

NEW YORK - A New York Police Department official says a lieutenant is dead of an apparent suicide, days after he ordered another officer to fire a stun gun at a naked, distraught man who then fell to his death.

The police official says the lieutenant was found at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn early Thursday, dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. It wasn't clear when he died.

The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the family had not yet been notified.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement

The lieutenant had ordered another officer to shock Inman Morales, who fell nearly 10 feet to his death in Brooklyn.

The lieutenant was stripped of his gun and badge after the incident last week, and Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly ordered refresher training on how to deal with emotionally disturbed people.

RIP Lou.

Suicide is a major problem in law enforcement. To get punished when your heart is in the right place, and you make a split second decision just takes its toll on alot of good officers.
    sigpic

Comment

R.I.P boss

Comment

R.I.P Lou.

The city was pretty much ready to throw him under the bus.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Very sad

Did he have any immediate family? (wife/kids)

Comment

R.i.p. Lou
            When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

Originally posted by 98 SNAKE EATER View Post
              Very sad

Did he have any immediate family? (wife/kids)
              Yes he did, they live out here on the Island ( the poor guy couldnt even water his lawn without a camera in his face.) may he rest in peace , my only question in all this ,is does his family still receive his pension ?
              Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Army2PD View Post
                  Yes he did, they live out here on the Island ( the poor guy couldnt even water his lawn without a camera in his face.) may he rest in peace , my only question in all this ,is does his family still receive his pension ?
                  I might be wrong but i don't think so.
                  NYPD Exam 7/12/08
                  #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                  JST 9/2/08 - Done
                  Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
                  Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
                  Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
                  Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Comment

probably no pension no life insurance nothing and i doubt the city will do the right thing

Comment

From what I've seen, NYPD command was ready to feed him to the wolves. Another case of too much politics, too much civilian involvement in police work. And now a brother officer is dead.

Comment

R.I.P. very sad story.

Comment

RIP Lt.

Originally posted by Army2PD View Post
                          my only question in all this ,is does his family still receive his pension ?
                          He might...back in the 90's when Capt. Terry Tunnock (XO of Central Park and a true gentleman) committed suicide because of rumors he was going to be thrown under the bus from the Dirty 30 scandal, it was apparently so his family would get his pension.

I've been gone from NYPD 10 years, but I remember something about once you hit 20 years, if you die (by any means) the Dept. processed your retirement for the day before...something like that. I may be completely wrong though, or things might have changed.
                          Last edited by cgh6366; 10-02-2008, 04:31 PM. Reason: Mi know spel two gud
                          "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
                          sigpic

Comment

R.I.P. Lou
                            "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
                            Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
                            LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

----------------------------------------
                            RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
                            "...Till We Meet Again"

Comment

Originally posted by DEcop989 View Post
                              From what I've seen, NYPD command was ready to feed him to the wolves. Another case of too much politics, too much civilian involvement in police work. And now a brother officer is dead.
                              very very sad. I cannot believe that cops are still "pushed" to commit suicide by the media/establishment.

My thoughts to the family.

Nobody is talking anymore about the PO who actually shoot the EDP. anybody has some news about him/what is going to happen to him?
                              Exam 8300

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4110 users online. 243 members and 3867 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X