300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Test

If you were to take the NYPD Civil Exam in Feburary, when would you be looking at getting into an academy considering you pass everything else as well. Just trying to make a time frame for this upcoming year. Thanks

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
    If you were to take the NYPD Civil Exam in Feburary, when would you be looking at getting into an academy considering you pass everything else as well. Just trying to make a time frame for this upcoming year. Thanks

WELL it depends, If you have all your credits then it can be a very good chance that you might make the july 09 class and get thru the process with out being red flag on any of the steps.
    "And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; For all these things must come to pass but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom and there will be famines pestilences, and earthquakes in verious places. All these are the beginning of sorrows"

- Matthew 24:6-8

Comment

Why not take the test earlier to get the ball rolling? If you really want to make the July '09 class that is.
      NYPD Exam #8000

Comment

I receive my bachelor's degree in beginning of feb. so that should help...

Well I'd like to take the exam early if I can, I was looking at the website and it looks like they only offer 2 dates of testing so far? I missed the registration for the Oct. one.

Comment

http://nypdrecruit.com/PDF/NYPD_5139...poster.NEW.pdf

this says they have walk in exams 6 days a week give it a try. not sure if they still offer them tho

Comment

take the test early so you will have a better exam #, therefore in the future..that's how vacation picks are determined with the same people that graduated with you... it's sorta a little extra seniority with those that have the same time as you.
            MTS, 013

Comment

I was just worried taking it this early I do not want to qualify for the Jan academy because I will not be done with college yet, thanks.

Also, does NYPD just require you to pass the exam or do you need to score very high on it? Thanks again

Comment

Eric,

lets make this simple.

A NYPD exam is good for 4 years. In between of those 4 years, other exams are given. If you took your exam 3 years ago, you have a higher chance of getting in and called from that list than a guy that took his exam a month ago.

You start the process when YOU want to start the process and NYPD will call YOU when they are READY to call you.
                Its not a hard concept.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

If you score a very high on the exam does it matter when you take it? I'm going to apply no matter what but I am not sitting around 3 years waiting for NYPD to call me back, most big cities are hiring monthly now days and atleast within 6 months.

Comment

If you score a very high on the exam does it matter when you take it? I'm going to apply no matter what but I am not sitting around 3 years waiting for NYPD to call me back, most big cities are hiring monthly now days and atleast within 6 months.
                    the academy takes 6 months so your ither going to be hired in july or january. NYPD hires this way because that how long there academy takes. If you take this test and pass all of the steps you should have no problem getting hired in july

Comment

Good news to hear, thanks.

Comment

DEcember earliest. it takes 3 mos to get the results back, so may, you get them back and now with the next raise , there are thousands reopening old exams, so u will be on the bottom of priority and rank ......

Comment

Oh.. well I am going to try and take their exam as soon as possible then so I can hopefully get on in July.

Comment

I've been reading more into NYPD and I found that most rookies go to IMPACT? What do you guys think of that program? How long is a rookie usually assigned to impact before they get to be a in a car with a partner and start answering calls/complaints?

Comment

Eric, do a search on impact.

theres a long thread on it, you should get all your answers there.
                              sigpic

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7540 users online. 296 members and 7244 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X