300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New NYPD RMP

How many of you can see yourself driving in one of these bad boys?
    "Why you harassing me?"

Ahhh thats traffic enforcement. Just a smoke screen to have the appearance that there are more cops on the street.

Comment

LMAO I laughed at that car the first time I saw it.
      Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
      NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
      Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
      NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
      NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
      U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

Did they buy a fleet of these? Or just one or a few for PR/testing purposes? Considering the Prius gets its highest MPG in stop-and-go city driving, it could actually be cost effective for the department in the long run. That is, depending what they actually paid for the vehicle, how much extra maintenance/repair they require, etc. According to Toyota, supposedly there's no Prius owners that have actually worn out their batteries so far. I would say for Traffic, they probably would have been better off just buying a compact high MPG vehicle like a Civic, Yaris, Aveo, etc. They don't make the Eco statement like a Prius, but they still get high MPG for quite a bit less money.

Comment

Impala looks better than that!
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
          that we are all that stands between
          the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

its cerainly less forceful looking than Crown Vics
            sigpic

Comment

That isn't a car, it's a defanged effeminate hippie thing on four wheels, it almost looks worse then the tricycles I see some cops using, you know the vehicle with the three wheels around Manhattan

Comment

General, stop lying. I know you want to drive it. Its ok, we're all anonymous!
                hahaha
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                  General, stop lying. I know you want to drive it. Its ok, we're all anonymous!
                  hahaha
                  Quite frankly, I would point and laugh at the poor officer driving that car.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

lol the 3wheeled "Segway" device.
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Its called a cushman and its small with 3 wheels for easy traffic enforcement. Why do you need a car to just open the small window and pull up next to the vehicle, with plenty of room for vehicle traffic to pass through. I personally, love those things.
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Down in Norfolk, VA they had segway cops. I had to do a double take the first time I saw one.
                        NYPD
                        Exam 5047- Passed
                        Medical- Passed 8/27/08
                        JST- Passed 9/8/08
                        Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
                        Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
                        Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
                        Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
                        Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
                        Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle G View Post
                          Down in Norfolk, VA they had segway cops. I had to do a double take the first time I saw one.
                          NYPD has them as well you will see them at some details and on most boardwalks.

Comment

with bloomberg in charge, get ready to see a lot more of those folkks!

Comment

Originally posted by bkny27 View Post
                              NYPD has them as well you will see them at some details and on most boardwalks.
                              Long Beach PD in Nassau County also has some Segways.

I saw one being used by the Wayne County Airport Authority Police in Detroit, MI on a trip several years ago ... only time I have ever seen Segway cops in person. It looked a bit lame if you ask me, those things look unstable and there is no way I will ever ride one.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6365 users online. 345 members and 6020 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X