300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD contract question

In august 09, the NYPD gets a new contract that expires in july 2010. What happens to people who get hired under the august 09 contract and then they restructure the pay in 2010 differently? Like if they lower the salary. Do the people who get hired in 09 take a cut in pay or are they protected under the older contract?

With the NYPD, you can never lose benefits/pay with a new contract. In 2010 if they choose to change the initial salary to 25k, you'd still be at the 42k that you came on with.

Comment

Ok, now what happens if they increase the pay scale in 2010? Would your pay follow whatever the new contract offers, or do you always follow what ever contract your hired under and its never effect? The main reason I am asking is because I took the NYPD in 06 while I was still in college. now that I am finished, I need to call back to start my whole interview process. I am just curious to see if I should wait until the august 2010 contract, or just try to get in in 09 before my score expires.

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix View Post
        Ok, now what happens if they increase the pay scale in 2010? Would your pay follow whatever the new contract offers, or do you always follow what ever contract your hired under and its never effect? The main reason I am asking is because I took the NYPD in 06 while I was still in college. now that I am finished, I need to call back to start my whole interview process. I am just curious to see if I should wait until the august 2010 contract, or just try to get in in 09 before my score expires.
        you will get the increase if the pay goes up in 2010

Comment

So in a nut shell, they cant decrease your pay an benefits with a new contract, but you can get an increase in either if a new contract proposes that.

Comment

$

If you haven't gone to APD to renew your application by now, you very likely will not be in the next class of Jan 09, maybe OK for June 09. Both of those dates would be good with the new contract. Both dates of Jan 10 and June 10 would be good using the $ for the last year of the pending contract.
            So you have a probable chance of 4 new start dates, IF NYPD follows historical form, which is not guaranteed.

But, prior to wondering about the buck$, first the contract pending must be ratified which has not been reported IIRC at this time. Not that I don't think it will be ratified.

Second, your old score may not be high enough to gain entry into ANY new class based on the rumors that activity for both old and new applicants has picked up since the new contract announcements.

Comment

Originally posted by skeezix View Post
              So in a nut shell, they cant decrease your pay an benefits with a new contract, but you can get an increase in either if a new contract proposes that.
              Yep. It can only get better.

Comment

Well i scored a 94.xx back in 06, so I hope its still good enough. If anything, the earliest class I am looking at is July 09, since I still have to take an engineering test in april. I was going with the assumption that If I started to renew my stuff in february/march 09, it would give enough time for the july 09 class.

Comment

July 09

Yes, you can apply for the July 09 class by renewing in Feb 09.

Getting into that particular Academy can't be answered here with anything other than "it depends".

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4259 users online. 263 members and 3996 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X