300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD walk in 27th

Does anyone have any experience with taking an NYPD walk in exam? I am going to take the one in Syracuse on September 27th. It states there is limited seating, it starts at 11AM do you think 10AM is earlier enough to make sure I get a seat or should I arrive sooner? Also the page mentioned all you need to bring is ID, do you have to fill out a complete application like a full work history and all that info? I have taken police exams and been in the hiring process before I'm just not familiar with a walk in. Thank you in advance.

You should be fine if you make it there by 10.

No, you don't need to fill out a complete application with all your history. That's taken care of as part of the BI process.

Depending on the venue, you'll line up, and they'll take you into classrooms, auditorium, whatever. You'll sign in. They'll pass out the initial paperwork. You'll complete it per their instructions. They'll collect the paperwork. They'll pass out the exam sheets. You'll fill them out per their instructions. They'll pass out the exam booklets. They'll give you instructions for completing the exam. Sometime during the exam, they'll verify your ID and take your thumbprint.

They give you a sheet of paper that you can copy all of your answers on. That is the only thing you can walk out of the exam with. Take advantage of it. When they post the answer key, you can check your answers against the key and estimate your score. At the walk-in exams, they'll generally allow you to wait around until everyone is done taking the exam, then you can get a copy of the answer key onsite.

That's it in a nutshell. There IS more to it, but those are the highlights.

Comment

I'm thinking about taking the walk in exam sometime in the next couple months as well... Typically what type of score do you need on the exam to be considered for the next academy class (July 09)? I know some depts as long as you pass they do not care and others you need to be in the top %. Thanks.

Comment

get in the 90s and you will be fine

Comment

I just took the test at Kean University in Union on September 14. I got there fairly early and there were lot of people that showed up early and a ton of NYPD staff. More than likely you will get there, get a number to ensure your seating and just wait for a half an hour. They will gather everyone in the group and have a Question and Answer session. They will make sure that everyone is of the proper age limits 18-35 and no one has any felonies. Then they will load you into a classroom where there are more Question and Answer sessions before you take the test. The officer's administering my exam were awesome. They had a great sense of humor and made everyone feel comfortable, no pressure at all. I was out of there in two hours. Good luck to you.

Comment

Is the exam very similiar to the material they give on their website? No math I assume. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6325 users online. 360 members and 5965 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X