300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interagency Interaction

Yesterday while on patrol, I assisted an NYPD unit on a collar. It was a car stop and I happenned upon it as I was on patol. Seeing that the PO was solo, I decided to stick around in case he needed my help. From my vantage point, I see that the driver was very nervous and moving around alot. Once he got out of his vehicle and started approaching the officer running him, I pulled up closer to the scene to where the officer could see me. After the info came back, the officer approached my patrol vehicle and told me that the driver was going to be a collar for driving with a suspended license and a warrant. So I got out of my vehicle and we appoached the perp. The PO called an 85 N/E and made the collar as I provided security. Two units responded and they put the perp in the RMP. The officer thanked me for the back as I told him where to park the perp's vehicle. Have any of you officers assisted another agency on an arrest or otherwise? How was the interaction between you?

Originally posted by PAC084 View Post
    Yesterday while on patrol, I assisted an NYPD unit on a collar. It was a car stop and I happenned upon it as I was on patol. Seeing that the PO was solo, I decided to stick around in case he needed my help. From my vantage point, I see that the driver was very nervous and moving around alot. Once he got out of his vehicle and started approaching the officer running him, I pulled up closer to the scene to where the officer could see me. After the info came back, the officer approached my patrol vehicle and told me that the driver was going to be a collar for driving with a suspended license and a warrant. So I got out of my vehicle and we appoached the perp. The PO called an 85 N/E and made the collar as I provided security. Two units responded and they put the perp in the RMP. The officer thanked me for the back as I told him where to park the perp's vehicle. Have any of you officers assisted another agency on an arrest or otherwise? How was the interaction between you?
    Nice work. What agency do you work for that was also patrolling NYC?
    "Stuck with the tag until further notice"

Waiting.......would be nice before I was completely gray.

Comment

I've backed up NYPD and had NYPD back us up many many times. It's never been anything other than completely respectful on all sides. When you need assistance, the patch on the sleeve is not important.

I've also had PAPD back me up on car stops on the Van Wyck Expwy when they saw I was a solo unit.
      “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

One of my best friends is NYPD who used to get regularly assigned to the 45 PCT sector covering Co-Op City. I worked in Co-Op and we ended up backing each other up on almost a daily basis.

I had positive and negative interactions with city cops. Usually the negative were with cops that weren't assigned regularly to Co-Op or bosses that came in from other commands and the best were with the Anit-Crime guys and the guys and gals that had that sector. As said in a previous post... who cares what the patch says when you're in trouble.

Where I work now we don't have as much interaction with other agency cops, but the county and village cops that I have dealt with have all been great. I'd be smiling all the time if I made that money too!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3889 users online. 244 members and 3645 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X