X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krash131
    replied
    Originally posted by richbrown123456 View Post
    When you cross-file do you take more then one test or is it just one test? and how many departments can you cross file for the same date?
    When you cross file you take one test and that score is sent to all of the departments that you have applied for. You can apply for as many departments as you are eligible for. For example I will have my score sent to four places. If you are applying for just local exams then you can pick which jurisdiction you want the exam administered by. If you are going to apply for a state exam then you will have to have the exam administered by the state. You will also have to alert all of the CS agencies know that you will be cross filing. Hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• richbrown123456
    replied
    When you cross-file do you take more then one test or is it just one test? and how many departments can you cross file for the same date?

Leave a comment:

• krash131
    replied
    Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
    check your pm
    replied brother

Leave a comment:

• NYJets44288
    replied
    Originally posted by krash131 View Post
    I'm crossfiling, haven't sent it in yet since I was only able to pick it up during the New Rochelle Practice PAT. But NYJets I'll be in the same boat as you
    check your pm

Leave a comment:

• krash131
    replied
    Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
    Anybody crossfile for Mount Vernon? Already got my admission slip to take the Mt. V test at Mt. Vernon HS, but I am taking the NYSPP and West. County as well so I have to use the State Examination Center here on the Island, nice and convenient.
    I'm crossfiling, haven't sent it in yet since I was only able to pick it up during the New Rochelle Practice PAT. But NYJets I'll be in the same boat as you

Leave a comment:

• NYJets44288
    replied
    Anybody crossfile for Mount Vernon? Already got my admission slip to take the Mt. V test at Mt. Vernon HS, but I am taking the NYSPP and West. County as well so I have to use the State Examination Center here on the Island, nice and convenient.
    Last edited by NYJets44288; 09-19-2008, 07:12 PM. Reason: misconstruable

Leave a comment:

• richbrown123456
    replied
    Thanks you for the help

Leave a comment:

• krash131
    replied
    So I was. . . opps, sorry about that man, you still have a few days, take advantage of, yes all you do is print out the application online and mail it it. Also if you are crossfiling, when you send in your application you have to send in a letter stating that you are crossfiling and which jurisdiction you would like your exam administered in

Leave a comment:

• richbrown123456
    replied
    I do not believe you are correct about the deadline unless i am reading the wrong paperhttp://www.westchestergov.com/csexam/exannounce/openexams/60006.htm

It says deadline the 22nd the test is on the 15th or november.

Leave a comment:

• krash131
    replied
    Originally posted by richbrown123456 View Post
    How do i sign up for this test, can i just print out the application they have on the site and mail it or is that not the way to do it? do i just send my money order with it? Also is there any way to take also the park police test because it is on the same day.
    The deadline to apply was Sept 15th. If you had applied before hand you would have to crossfile with all of the agencies that you wanted to take the test for, and then you would be taking it where the park police gave it since they are a state agency. That one score and test would then be sent to all of the agencies that you applied for.

Leave a comment:

• richbrown123456
    replied
    How do i sign up for this test, can i just print out the application they have on the site and mail it or is that not the way to do it? do i just send my money order with it? Also is there any way to take also the park police test because it is on the same day.

Leave a comment:

• krash131
    replied
    http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94551

That is another thread about Westchester Co. with some good info on it also.

Leave a comment:

• CO1259
    replied
    4/2 is the chart. Everything else above is correct.

Leave a comment:

• NYSFI39
    replied
    Animal, again, this test is for all the towns & villages, some cities and the County so it depends on where you are looking. For the County PD, I believe they work 5/2, 8 hr tours, reverse swing (midnights, evenings, days) weekly and alot of OT just based on the fact that on almost every tour I hear them polling for the next tour for OT.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnimal
    replied
    I've read about the salary in Westchester, but anyone else have any other information about the job? do they do 8 or 12 hour tours? good amount of OT? etc etc

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6335 users online. 347 members and 5988 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X