300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westchester County P.D

Is anyone else taking the Westchester Exam on November 15th? And If so have you received any information on location of the exam yet? I ask because I sent in my app. along with the exam fee on the first week of filing and still haven't received anything confirming this.
    Last edited by OPD22; 09-14-2008, 11:59 PM. Reason: Forgot part of post
    sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

They will mail it out about 2 weeks before the exam date.

Comment

Thank you just3702.
      sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Comment

Anybody know if they're actually in need of officers? Or are they just doing the test because it's been the standard 4 years since the last?

Comment

I would think they do.....now that the NYPD has a good contract. That might help us trying to get our foot in the door.

Comment

Originally posted by NYJets44288 View Post
            Anybody know if they're actually in need of officers? Or are they just doing the test because it's been the standard 4 years since the last?

Both, I guess. The old list did expire, but remember this test is not just for the County PD but the towns and villages in Westchester as well, someone will presumably be hiring! Good luck.

Comment

Good luck to all, yeah I just want to get hired up there, my girlfriend lives in Pelham and I really started liking it.

Comment

I've read about the salary in Westchester, but anyone else have any other information about the job? do they do 8 or 12 hour tours? good amount of OT? etc etc

Comment

Animal, again, this test is for all the towns & villages, some cities and the County so it depends on where you are looking. For the County PD, I believe they work 5/2, 8 hr tours, reverse swing (midnights, evenings, days) weekly and alot of OT just based on the fact that on almost every tour I hear them polling for the next tour for OT.

Comment

4/2 is the chart. Everything else above is correct.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94551

That is another thread about Westchester Co. with some good info on it also.

Comment

How do i sign up for this test, can i just print out the application they have on the site and mail it or is that not the way to do it? do i just send my money order with it? Also is there any way to take also the park police test because it is on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by richbrown123456 View Post
                          How do i sign up for this test, can i just print out the application they have on the site and mail it or is that not the way to do it? do i just send my money order with it? Also is there any way to take also the park police test because it is on the same day.
                          The deadline to apply was Sept 15th. If you had applied before hand you would have to crossfile with all of the agencies that you wanted to take the test for, and then you would be taking it where the park police gave it since they are a state agency. That one score and test would then be sent to all of the agencies that you applied for.

Comment

I do not believe you are correct about the deadline unless i am reading the wrong paperhttp://www.westchestergov.com/csexam/exannounce/openexams/60006.htm

It says deadline the 22nd the test is on the 15th or november.

Comment

So I was. . . opps, sorry about that man, you still have a few days, take advantage of, yes all you do is print out the application online and mail it it. Also if you are crossfiling, when you send in your application you have to send in a letter stating that you are crossfiling and which jurisdiction you would like your exam administered in

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3439 users online. 233 members and 3206 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X