300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Walk In Exam 8310

I'm looking for some input on this. I took the NYPD walk in exam on 9/6/08, exam # 8310. My raw score was 94.118%, after the 5 residency points I should have a total score of 99.118%. What are my chances for getting into the January 2009 Academy?

Side note, friend of mine took the scheduled NYPD exam in October 2 years ago. He started the Academy a few months after that in January. Will I face the same luck with my situation?

yes you still have a shot to get into januarys class. You need to et hold of your list number and as soon as you have that you can start the process. Its fairl quick once you get the list number. It could all be done in one week as long as you have no hold ups.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Is the list # the four digits after the exam # that's on the front printout page of the exam?

If so the print out says "Exam Number: 8310-0013"

If not, how do I go about getting my list #?

Comment

it should say exam number and then should say list number. list number is based on how well you did on the test. the highest grade gets the number 1. then second highest gets number 2 ect. 13 might be you number im not sure cause im not looking at the same paper that you are but to get more information call apd on monday and they will be able to give you your list number or let you know when you can expect it to come in the mail, and then you can schedual your medical app. In the mean time here is a site with a lot of the info you will need.
        http://www.nypdrecruit.com/Hiring%20Process.aspx

Comment

I think 0013 is your list number.

back in 2006 when I took the scheduled exam I recieved my letters from NYPD as 6010-0### the last four digits was my list number.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gmoney718 View Post
            Thanks for your reply. Is the list # the four digits after the exam # that's on the front printout page of the exam?

If so the print out says "Exam Number: 8310-0013"

If not, how do I go about getting my list #?

0013 is not your list number. It means that your number 13 who took exam number 8310. I made the same assumption, but was wrong. You will have to wait until this month is over then ADP will generate a list number for exam 8310.
            NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
            * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
            * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
            * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
            * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
            * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
            * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

I just took the exam on 9/11 and passed. What do we do now? Wait until we get a letter or phone call or something?
              Exam #: 8310
              List #: 0004X

Comment

Call up APD in a month, just dont forget your exam #.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

ok cool. I know my exam number (8310). thanks
                  Exam #: 8310
                  List #: 0004X

Comment

What are people's thoughts on the start date of the Jan 09 academy? We obviously have no say in this, but base off past Jan classes, any chance of the start date being the 15th or later?

Comment

the july class has a grad date set for Dec 30th. my guess would be they would start on the 12th

Comment

g, I see you asking this question, change the date of the vac to Dec. You have to be around to answer the phone when the invite calls go out.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                          g, I see you asking this question, change the date of the vac to Dec. You have to be around to answer the phone when the invite calls go out.
                          Unfortunately I already paid over $1,300 for the trip, and booked 8 other couples to come along with us. $1,300 is a hansome ramson to just loss like that. This ish blows. Of course I booked this b4 the sweet raise. I might just take a gamble and go, with tons of calling cards and maybe an international plan on my phone for a week and a half.

If we get called to report to the Jan class, and we don't show up on the sware in date, my guess is that we can't show up a day or two later saying "hey guys, sorry I'm late, traffic was a mothaf******" correct? Or is there a way to start a bit (2 days or so) late?

Also if you don't report to Jan class do you have to go through everything all over to get into teh July 09 class?

*GMoney718 has just sent up a prayer to the NYPD Jan 2009 academy gods in efforts to have the class start on 1/15/09 or later. Please join him on his struggles.

Comment

Originally posted by gmoney718 View Post
                            Unfortunately I already paid over $1,300 for the trip, and booked 8 other couples to come along with us. $1,300 is a hansome ramson to just loss like that. This ish blows. Of course I booked this b4 the sweet raise. I might just take a gamble and go, with tons of calling cards and maybe an international plan on my phone for a week and a half.

If we get called to report to the Jan class, and we don't show up on the sware in date, my guess is that we can't show up a day or two later saying "hey guys, sorry I'm late, traffic was a mothaf******" correct? Or is there a way to start a bit (2 days or so) late?

Also if you don't report to Jan class do you have to go through everything all over to get into teh July 09 class?

*GMoney718 has just sent up a prayer to the NYPD Jan 2009 academy gods in efforts to have the class start on 1/15/09 or later. Please join him on his struggles.

Are you ****ing for real? **** your vacation bro. No offense but choosing a vacation over a career that iv always dreamed of (maybe you didn't), i just can't comprehend it.
                            NYPD Exam 7/12/08
                            #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                            JST 9/2/08 - Done
                            Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
                            Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
                            Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
                            Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Comment

So much for a career.

I guess it really is JUST A JOB.
                              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3114 users online. 143 members and 2971 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X