300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• probation off.

hey guys DCAS just released the exam announcement for probation officer. There are a few things I am curious about though. As a probation officer it says that you are a peace officer. Where would these officers go to get their peace officer training? Additionally there doesn't appear to be a residency requirement, which seems quite odd seeing other NYC peace officers and police officers have to live in the surrounding counties. One last question. It says that part of the job may include making arrests. From what I've gathered NYS peace officers can't execute a warrant except for an arrest warrant, is that the warrant they're talking about in the announcement?

Thanks guys

http://nyc.gov/html/dcas/downloads/p...0808009000.pdf

The probation officers that I know have a Police Officer attached to their office. The PO is then the one that really executes the warrant, with the probation officers.
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

CPL 120.55 authorizes the execution of an arrest warrant for a Violation of Probation by Probation Officers. At least in New York County, there is a warrant squad in the probation Department.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6703 users online. 362 members and 6341 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X