X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I took the walk-in "proposed score"

That test was funny...
    but I am annoyed...
    I walked out with a 89.4 ( I don't live in NYC so I don't get the extra 5 points)

Which is nonsense....
    There are parts of the test where the words in the questions are misspelled - which is sad...

But beyond that, I can read very well and I understand the make up of a sentence...
    There was one question that was not of any sense what-so-ever it was as if a word or two were absent...
    At any rate, I didn't choose to protest because I didn't want to go all the way back there .. but I'll see what the actual score is...

How many of you who have taken it received a higher score than the "proposed" score?

I really am upset that I got 9 wrong... oh well...
    Last edited by dtany; 09-12-2008, 08:37 AM.

Mr. Pot meet Mr Kettle

Somebody complaining about spelling should really, really check what they type before hitting the "submit" button.

Good luck with the process.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
      Somebody complaining about spelling should really, really check what they type before hitting the "submit" button.

Good luck with the process.
      My keyboard skips...and has stuck keys

Not to mention, it is a standard test..I could be an invalid and still critique it because the exam should have no flaws of that nature...

Thanks anyway
      Last edited by dtany; 09-12-2008, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Stuff happens...

Comment

but the main question I have is; has anyone's score deviated much from the proposed score?

Comment

hehe
            i mean i enjoyed taking the exam though,
            because i saw some of the tricks they threw in there and if you aren't paying attention, you can be caught off guard easily
            so i felt it was good brain exercise

Comment

I don't think the test score can be deviated because its all computerized. What you see, should also be seen by the person in charge of grading. I'm pretty sure there not going to manual grade the exam to double check the score. Unless you have credits that you can apply to your score.

Why wouldn't you get the residency credit? Your location says NY.
              NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
              * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
              * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
              * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
              * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
              * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
              * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

Originally posted by NYPD13 View Post
                I don't think the test score can be deviated because its all computerized. What you see, should also be seen by the person in charge of grading. I'm pretty sure there not going to manual grade the exam to double check the score. Unless you have credits that you can apply to your score.

Why wouldn't you get the residency credit? Your location says NY.

At the end of the exam, they ask you if you wish to protest any of the questions.
                I asked what happens if I did...
                She said they would have an open session next week and if enough people protest the same question(s) they would credit that on your final score(assuming you got one of the said questions wrong).
                You would not lose points you would potentially gain points.

As far as the residency credit, I don't live in NYC anymore I live in Westchester County so I do not qualify... otherwise I would have had a 94...
                Oh well

Comment

What's the best way to get to the walk in test center?? I'd like to avoid driving at all costs(of coarse). I'm coming from nassau. If anyone has info I'd really appreciate it.

Jerry.

Comment

Originally posted by jerry40 View Post
                    What's the best way to get to the walk in test center?? I'd like to avoid driving at all costs(of coarse). I'm coming from nassau. If anyone has info I'd really appreciate it.

Jerry.
                    Hey,
                    I drove, and found parking on Lafayette (a few blocks away).
                    It was actually cheaper...yes cheaper to drive from Westchester than take the trains -Metro north and NYC

What I know is that when I got there, I saw a stop right in front of the entrance to the building.

NYC 456 trains I believe

But try www.hopstop.com
                    It's a good site because it tells you what mass transit methods to take (if available)transfers to make and even where to walk to reach your destination.

Good luck.

Comment

http://mta.info/lirr/
                      NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
                      * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
                      * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
                      * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
                      * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
                      * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
                      * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

nypd test scores really dont matter as the pratically call everyone now that passed. you should be fine with your 89. maybe with a 70 i would have been worried.

Comment

Originally posted by bkny27 View Post
                          nypd test scores really dont matter as the pratically call everyone now that passed. you should be fine with your 89. maybe with a 70 i would have been worried.
                          Oh ok thanks...I didn't think 89 was so good compared to the 95+ that I have seen people have...
                          I also lose out on the 5 points since I am not a NYC resident...but time will tell.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5871 users online. 308 members and 5563 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X