X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Forget

R.I.P to my 23 Brothers and Sister
    retired cop

I know man. Not just NYPD but everyone. I was watching the services on TV. I am only in Staten Island but it still felt so distant. I still felt detached. Then I went to the Social Security Office to get my earnings statement for my bi. On the way home I got stuck at a red light right in front of Rescue 5 Fire House. Up until that point I wasn't even thinking about what day it was. That house was hit HARD; I think the worst out of them all. I knew a bunch of people who lost there lives and I saw the small little group mourning together outside the house and it really hit me.
    NYPD
    Exam 5047- Passed
    Medical- Passed 8/27/08
    JST- Passed 9/8/08
    Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
    Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
    Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
    Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
    Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
    Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

Comment

wow

I can see by the number of responses/hits on this thread that most of you will never be a real nypd cop.If you have no sense of history,you have no future.I'm ashamed and digusted.
      retired cop

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbob View Post
        I can see by the number of responses/hits on this thread that most of you will never be a real nypd cop.If you have no sense of history,you have no future.I'm ashamed and digusted.

Perhaps people were to busy attending memorial services or mourning in their own way and decided to give the forums a break for the day. I know I did. I was an MP stationed at Quantico in 2001. I responded to the Pentagon and will never BE ABLE to forget.

Comment

The reason why I never posted on THIS thread (yes check my post history, I posted on another 9/11 thread on officer.com) is because I was DIGUSTED at YOU bklynbob. Did you forget about PAPD? or NYS Courts? Is NYPD only worthy of your rememberance?

I had PLENTY of friends/family at the world trade center that day. I can/will NEVER forget that day.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bklynbob View Post
            Easy, killer.
            My family has an extensive history with both FDNY and NYPD. I have a cousin on the job who was killed on 9/11 and another one who was recently promoted to Battalion Chief at FDNY. I have an uncle who was a Paramedic and responded to the bombing in '93. One of my fondest memories as a child was standing at the base of the Statue of Liberty with my father and grandfather, looking out over the harbor and being told about the history of the WTC. Another fond memory was of walking into Ten House with my uncle and looking at the trucks and talking with the guys. I will NEVER have the opportunity to do that again, as some of those guys are now dead and Ten House, as I knew it, was destroyed.

I didn't respond to this thread, or ANY 9/11 thread yesterday out of respect and mourning for my friends and family members who died seven years ago. That day will live on FOR EVER with many people.

DO NOT tell me that I will never be a real NYPD cop just because I PAUSE in private to honor the fallen.
            Last edited by hxd; 09-12-2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

get off your high horse bklynbob and get a grip, in all your posts you act like your **** dont stink and you're better than everyone else, get over yourself

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5172 users online. 319 members and 4853 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X