300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for any LEO in NYC...

Just a silly question for LEO's in NYC or even LEO's in surrounding states... Is it just ME or does it seem that the very minute you put on a uniform in NYC, every EDP, or perp within a five block radius seem to take interest in you??? It seems like the minute you step out on patrol the perps start clocking you. I mean they're not that hard to spot as they either reveal themselves by doing something stupid in front of you, or theyll have something slick to say within an earshot of you. I rarely see these people off duty, but it seems like the second I clock in here they come. You guys experience this??? Then they want to know why they are collared. AMAZING!!! Just thought it would be interesting to hear other peoples experiences.

They do this sometimes to get a reaction out of you. A lot of times they are just curious as to what agency you work for if your shoulder patch is different from say NYPD.

Comment

I dont get that much at my precinct, but if by chance I do hear something wild, it is usually a bunch of kids saying something for me to see what I will do.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

i think there is an EDP magnet in the patch.

Comment

EDP's absolutely love the uniform. It will attract them from miles around. I have experienced this. They even are attracted to the grey Police Academy uniforms, especially the subway EDP's.

Comment

Everytime I head out on patrol I run into some riker island regular who is just begging for another stay. Thumbs up on the response guys. For a minute I was thinking that it must be me. Guess its just part of the job, but you have to admit it makes for some funny stories at EOT.

Comment

I just dont get how you can do your job.

I was on a few school details and I hated every second of it.
              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

most normal people where I work either dislike the nypd or do their best to pretend we don't exist....the only ones that do seem to care for me though are the EDPs...go figure

Comment

Yeah its not easy dealing with the kids, especially the gangs but I'm a task force officer, so I spend most of my time out on patrol. I deal with as many pick ups in the street as we do school incidences, so my tour is usually pretty interesting. BUT its the perps and EDP's that we run into each and every single day that I'm referring to. You know... the ones that stop dead in their tracks the very second they see an rmp driving in their direction. Or better yet the ones that make their comments heard as you pass them. LOL! I'll admit though, that they do make for some funny stories. I dont take it to heart. Good to see it happens to everybody though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4944 users online. 259 members and 4685 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X