Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rochester PD Oral Psych

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rochester PD Oral Psych

    Has anyone recently completed their oral psychological with the psychaitrist for Rochester? If so, how did it go and what was it like?

  • #2
    I was wondering this also.

    Comment


    • #3
      I do mine on Saturday at 230, I'll post after it is completed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Should we have heard from our BI by now, or do they contact us after the psych. interview?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pun33 View Post
          I do mine on Saturday at 230, I'll post after it is completed.

          Ok, thanks.


          Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
          Should we have heard from our BI by now, or do they contact us after the psych. interview?
          I haven't heard from my BI so I'm guessing we will after the psych interview.

          Comment


          • #6
            I talked to an officer yesterday and he told me that you are assigned a Background Investigator after the oral psych is completed.

            Comment


            • #7
              I received a call this morning from an Officer which I'm thinking will be my background investigator and have an appt with him on the 9th of October. He said to bring all original copies of licenses, soc card, birth cert and diplomas.

              Comment


              • #8
                I did my psych this morning and I think it went well, I wasn't really in their too long maybe 35/40 minutes. I asked her if I passed and she told me that she still has to look everything over. Now's the waiting game......

                Comment


                • #9
                  Did she just go over your written pysch or do you have to write down your whole life story or something?
                  Last edited by toocoldhere11; 09-19-2008, 12:10 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pun33 View Post
                    I did my psych this morning and I think it went well, I wasn't really in their too long maybe 35/40 minutes. I asked her if I passed and she told me that she still has to look everything over. Now's the waiting game......
                    Why would you ask if you passed? I think you should never under any circumstance ask if an investigator or psychologist if you passed the oral psych interview it would raise a red flag to them.

                    I did my oral psych with papd about 2 weeks ago, I was in there no more than 35 mins for the interview and when the psychologist was finished he asked if I have any questions for him. My answer was nope thats about it

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      She went over the background history you did over the computer when you did the written psych test. Then she gave me some scenarios as if i were an officer and how i would respond.
                      JayC, as far as you asking me why i asked her if i passed. I did it jokingly with her and asked her when we would know the results. I do not think that is throwing up a red flag but instead showing that you are excited to keep moving through the process. Thank you for your concern though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pun33 View Post
                        She went over the background history you did over the computer when you did the written psych test. Then she gave me some scenarios as if i were an officer and how i would respond.
                        JayC, as far as you asking me why i asked her if i passed. I did it jokingly with her and asked her when we would know the results. I do not think that is throwing up a red flag but instead showing that you are excited to keep moving through the process. Thank you for your concern though.
                        cool bro, good luck with getting on.

                        I ask because I know a guy who did the same thing going through the oral psych and he asked if he passed, and sure enough he had to come back for a second psych, and once you are scheduled for a 2nd psych thats not a good thing.

                        He did his 2nd psych and wasn't scheduled for a 3rd, and with the papd 1 psych is good, 2 is bad and 3 is 50/50

                        bundle up it gets cold up in Rochester lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          actually, a psychiatrist is a MD who is basically a psychologist and is allowed to write prescriptions for drugs.

                          My oral psych for another job was only 12 minutes long. Passed.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            JayC,
                            I hear what you are saying about asking. I just felt like we had developed a good repour throughout the interview and I asked with a smile on my face to see if I could get a feel for how she felt. Thanks again though.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I wouldnt have done that. I took a few psychology courses and a "joking" type manner shows that you try to downplay situations, show a sign of deflection, have a problem taking things seriously, and do not know when and when not to joke around. These are not my views but this is how a shrink will try to spin things. I bet thats why you were in there for 35 mins. The doc wanted to see your reactions to questions.

                              Also, atleast 50% of every joke is the truth. at least 50% of you asking "did I pass" wanted to know if you really passed.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4587 users online. 240 members and 4347 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X