300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about NYPD

I am trying to become an NYPD officer but i am 11 days short for the 2 year service requirement. I know that they need good recruits bad (i have a few friends in the department, they are just too low on the totem pole to try to help me.) and I really want to be an NYPD officer. The recruiter said the only way I could join would be to make up those missing days or get 60 credits. I know that there has to be some way around that. It is only 11 days. I served in Iraq as a Forward Observer with the 82nd airborne. My discharge was due to an injury I received while deployed and I was caught taking my wife's vicodin because i was not allowed adequate time to go to sick call and receive treatment. I recieved a general under honorable conditions discharge but the reason on my dd214 says misconduct serious offense. I am not a drug addict nor do i have a problem with drugs. Serious replies only and thank you in advance.

You need to speak with the recruiter and give him the ENTIRE story and he will have a better idea of what your chances may or may not be.
    How you were in possession of your Wife's prescription drugs while deployed and not able to go on sick call is a bit of a reach.
    Your 214 is most likely a LE career killer, but I am by no means an expert in LE HR rules and regs.

Comment

From what iv heard its not looking good. You don't have to have honable, it can be medical etc but it can't have anything to do with bad conduct, article 15s etc. The fact that yours says misconduct might be a DQ, the fact that it says due to use of drugs makes it even worse. Nypd is big on drug use and alcohol. I guess you won't know unless you try but even with 60 credits its not looking good. Good luck.
      NYPD Exam 7/12/08
      #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
      JST 9/2/08 - Done
      Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
      Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
      Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
      Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Comment

Is there any way around the 60credit req? I've got 2 years on currently in my agency, and approx 50+ credits.

I understand I have time from the test till I get appointed to make up the rest, which I plan on doing, I was just curious.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jchughes05 View Post
          Is there any way around the 60credit req? I've got 2 years on currently in my agency, and approx 50+ credits.

I understand I have time from the test till I get appointed to make up the rest, which I plan on doing, I was just curious.
          From what I've heard, you really DO need the minimum sixty credits to get into the academy. How many credits short are you? Since you said 50+, you could probably do an online course or two for the remaining credits fairly easily.
          NYPD Exam #8000

Comment

Look up FEMA. You can do 10 credits in about a week online, then you have to translate them onto a transcript through frederick college or something like that. Its like 60 bucks per credit, so you need need to pay like 600 bucks. Also, it takes about a month to receive an official transcript from them.
            NYPD Exam 7/12/08
            #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
            JST 9/2/08 - Done
            Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
            Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
            Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
            Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Comment

just sign up with the guard/reserve, go on AD orders and try and get discharged properly this time :P
              you'd still have to produce both DD214s, but the more recent one will have more weight...that is unless your RE code prohibits you from re-enlisting, in that case I'd suggest a different career path

...or you can apply to change your DD214 discharge condition after a set period of time, it works for some but it's on a case-by-case basis

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4458 users online. 261 members and 4197 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X