Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD 2008 class... what onduty gun are you going to pick

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NYPD 2008 class... what onduty gun are you going to pick

    What will it be guys

    S&W 5946
    Glock 19
    Sigarms P226 DAO
    26
    S&W 5946
    7.69%
    2
    Glock 19
    50.00%
    13
    Sigarms P226 DAO
    42.31%
    11

    The poll is expired.


  • #2
    I went with the Sig Sauer for my on duty and the Glock 26 for my off duty.
    REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      my choice would go

      Sig
      S&W
      Glock
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        You get to pick a duty weapon?? wow.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

        I Am the Sheepdog.


        "And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks


        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          When the floodwaters subsided after Hurricane Katrina, a glock was recovered by and officer in New Orleans. It had been under saltwater for weeks. The water subsided and it sat there drying after it was submerged for weeks. The officer racked the slide a few times, loaded a few rounds into the mag and it fired no problem. I wouldn't trust my life with anything less.

          Glock 19 on duty
          Glock 26 off duty

          It's also convenient because you can interchange the mags between the two weapons.

          Comment


          • #6
            How many Lb's are the triggers? Do you get to practice with each to see what you are most comfortable with?
            Makin the switch
            8307 1xx

            Comment


            • #7
              Glock I luv and trust BUT

              I am a glock fan too.
              If I make it for Jan 09 I will certainly pick up Glock for on duty and ....Glock for off duty. (i use to own a glock 21 for shooting and oh boy it was making nice little holes all together!)

              But I heard that the Glock they issued in the past were having an issue with the ejection and they had to recall and adjust most of them.
              Basically they were saying that some were functioning perfectly and some were just shooting once and getting jammed with the empty round.

              I dunno what is the situation with the one they issue nowaday...I will go for the Glock but I will definitively bring it to a range and burn couple hundred rounds to be safe.

              Maybe some oldtimers can enlight us about the Glock situation.
              Exam 8300

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Marko360 View Post
                How many Lb's are the triggers? Do you get to practice with each to see what you are most comfortable with?
                I think that my glock 21 was coming with a default "police coil" of 3.3 or 3.5 Kg.
                Not sure what it is in Lbs....it was in Europe. I changed it for a 1.5kg for sport shooting.
                I guess the standard is about 3.Xkg so around 6.6lbs.
                Exam 8300

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Marko360 View Post
                  How many Lb's are the triggers? Do you get to practice with each to see what you are most comfortable with?
                  10pounds triggers on all three, the people from the fire arms section come into your room with all three guns and lay them on the table and you hold all three and tell them which one you want.

                  I'm going with the Sig p226 on duty
                  and off duty
                  Glock 26

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjmtj9TgX8
                  Hell and back reliability.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvQor5y7SFw

                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpl0Z...eature=related
                  Last edited by John2008; 09-06-2008, 07:19 PM.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cvamal View Post
                    I am a glock fan too.
                    If I make it for Jan 09 I will certainly pick up Glock for on duty and ....Glock for off duty. (i use to own a glock 21 for shooting and oh boy it was making nice little holes all together!)

                    But I heard that the Glock they issued in the past were having an issue with the ejection and they had to recall and adjust most of them.
                    Basically they were saying that some were functioning perfectly and some were just shooting once and getting jammed with the empty round.

                    I dunno what is the situation with the one they issue nowaday...I will go for the Glock but I will definitively bring it to a range and burn couple hundred rounds to be safe.

                    Maybe some oldtimers can enlight us about the Glock situation.
                    http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/phase3.html

                    The Sig p226 was also recalled, they just starting issuing them once again in 2000 I believe.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It seems everyone knows Glocks. So everyone has a preconceived notion that it is the best weapon for them. I would def suggest going in there without any choices made, especially if you haven't shot a lot before. Let the gun chose you.

                      P.S. The sig is a great weapon. 226 is has one of the most balanced shots I have ever experienced.

                      How does off duty weapons work? Do you have a list of approved guns? Are you limited to 9mm? Is the trigger pressure reqs the same?
                      NYPD
                      Exam 5047- Passed
                      Medical- Passed 8/27/08
                      JST- Passed 9/8/08
                      Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
                      Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
                      Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
                      Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
                      Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
                      Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jerry40 View Post
                        When the floodwaters subsided after Hurricane Katrina, a glock was recovered by and officer in New Orleans. It had been under saltwater for weeks. The water subsided and it sat there drying after it was submerged for weeks. The officer racked the slide a few times, loaded a few rounds into the mag and it fired no problem. I wouldn't trust my life with anything less.

                        Glock 19 on duty
                        Glock 26 off duty

                        It's also convenient because you can interchange the mags between the two weapons.
                        So it would be really good choice for a scuba diver. Regular maintenance should keep them all running the same without much issue. Lol im just messing around.
                        NYPD
                        Exam 5047- Passed
                        Medical- Passed 8/27/08
                        JST- Passed 9/8/08
                        Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
                        Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
                        Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
                        Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
                        Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
                        Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kyle G View Post
                          It seems everyone knows Glocks. So everyone has a preconceived notion that it is the best weapon for them. I would def suggest going in there without any choices made, especially if you haven't shot a lot before. Let the gun chose you.

                          P.S. The sig is a great weapon. 226 is has one of the most balanced shots I have ever experienced.

                          How does off duty weapons work? Do you have a list of approved guns? Are you limited to 9mm? Is the trigger pressure reqs the same?
                          There's a list of the approved weapons, it's basically the smaller version of your duty weapon.
                          Approved off duty are
                          Glock 26
                          S&W 3914 (Blued Steel Finish)
                          Sig-Sauer P239
                          S&W 3953 TSW (Stainless Steel Finish)
                          "Why you harassing me?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I acidentally voted on this, I thought it was a poll to see what preferences everyone has. I just noticed it was geared to NYPD now.


                            Anyways, I voted on the glock 19. Overall I like everything about the Sig, and I love how the S&W looks but with the G19 it fits in your hand (my hand atleast) perfectly. Its not a big gun, so you can also use that for off duty.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C88O3...eature=related
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpnNW...eature=related
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZ0kxhDA3Y

                              1st
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEKM7...eature=related
                              2nd
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOvFS...eature=related


                              Glock 19
                              http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...iew&id=90&Item


                              Each gun has its own advantages and disadvantages, but all three of them are good guns.
                              "Why you harassing me?"

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5494 users online. 304 members and 5190 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X