300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Rookie Assignments

What is a typical assignment for an NYPD rookie straight out of the Academy? I have heard that some are assigned to Housing...

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks....
    "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
    the more knowledge, the more grief."

They put you into IMPACT, from what I understand it's a lot of ticket writing.

Comment

Impact is right

Take any bad neighborhood in Manhattan and the outer boroughs and that is where you will go until the next class graduates if your lucky. Unless your a company sgt. or have a good hook up, that can get you somewhere better.
      That is how you learn, you have your whole career learn first then relax.. If your scared of working in the Bronx this isn't the job for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flanker View Post
        What is a typical assignment for an NYPD rookie straight out of the Academy? I have heard that some are assigned to Housing...

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks....
        Do you mean other then watching hospitalized prisoners, watching crime scenes and sitting on a dead body? You will be in impact unless you have a crane, and while in impact you will be a summons whore.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by carlgotti View Post
          Take any bad neighborhood in Manhattan and the outer boroughs and that is where you will go until the next class graduates if your lucky. Unless your a company sgt. or have a good hook up, that can get you somewhere better.
          That is how you learn, you have your whole career learn first then relax.. If your scared of working in the Bronx this isn't the job for you.
          I would love to work in the bronx. That"s where I was born and raised!

Comment

Originally posted by bam987 View Post
            I would love to work in the bronx. That"s where I was born and raised!

Sometimes you don't want to $H!t where you eat!

Comment

Originally posted by redstormgsr View Post
              Sometimes you don't want to $H!t where you eat!
              True! I'm from the 47 aka Kingston,Jamaica lol ..So I wouldnt mind the 43,52,49 etc... I mean with gas prices and everything I dont want to be commuting to pbms,pbqn etc...

Comment

lol gas prices + that hot $10 dollar toll.

Comment

Originally posted by bam987 View Post
                  True! I'm from the 47 aka Kingston,Jamaica lol ..So I wouldnt mind the 43,52,49 etc... I mean with gas prices and everything I dont want to be commuting to pbms,pbqn etc...
                  From what I understand you cant work within 2 precincts of where you live. I might be mistaken though.
                  NYPD
                  Exam 5047- Passed
                  Medical- Passed 8/27/08
                  JST- Passed 9/8/08
                  Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
                  Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
                  Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
                  Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
                  Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
                  Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

Comment

You cannot live and work in the same precinct, unless you live on Staten Island.

Comment

"Sitting on a dead body"....what is that for ? Are we trying to compress the gasses out of the corpse so that it will fit into a body bag ?
                      "Hey Rook, go over and sit on that dead body. You, the other Rook, run over and ask EMS for a sky hook and the two of you hook him up."

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                        Do you mean other then watching hospitalized prisoners, watching crime scenes and sitting on a dead body? You will be in impact unless you have a crane, and while in impact you will be a summons whore.
                        Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "crane."
                        "For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
                        the more knowledge, the more grief."

Comment

But hey check this out. I have a freind who used to work for transit. The transit precint was about 5 miles and 2 precints away from his house. BUT he used to get assigned to train stations 3 blocks from where he lived!

Comment

A "crane" is a BIG HOOK, like a Chief or better who can get you where you want to go. Just keep your eyes open and your mouth closed, do what your told and try to learn fom senior guys when you can(and i dont mean the class before you, even though those guys have seen and done it all!) Impact will suck and you wont learn much but collars and summonses. Listen to your radio, if a job comes over on your post, PICK IT UP! Nothing ****es off a senior guy more then when he goes to a job and a few ROOKS are standing on the corner of the same block acting like they dont know whats going on. Most times they will come to the job and give advice. All we have is each other so make sure you back each other up and think of the next guy when you make desicions, plenty of newbies will take a bag-o-shyte collar and not think of the cops from the next 6 tours who have to sit on that skell at the hospital.

Comment

yea when i got out of impact my new pct has irt and those guys dont sit on or transport any of there perps so they bring in the biggest skells i have ever seen

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3887 users online. 152 members and 3735 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X