300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD hiring question

I am already a cop in another state is it possible to be hired without having to go thru their academy or do they send everyone?

No, all Police Officers attend the Academy.

Comment

Just for the sake of conversation, I don't think you would have to go through the academy again, if hypothetically speaking, an MTA officer wanted to transfer to NYPD since it's MTA uses the same academy.

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
      No, all Police Officers attend the Academy.

Comment

Not the question asked.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieBoy View Post
          Just for the sake of conversation, I don't think you would have to go through the academy again, if hypothetically speaking, an MTA officer wanted to transfer to NYPD since it's MTA uses the same academy.
          Negative K, only way you don't have to go through the academy is if you were hired by NYPD and graduate and then resign and then come back within a year.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

"Negative K"

ahhhhh hahahahaha.
            sigpic

Comment

That sucks. So you would have to attend the same academy twice

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              Negative K, only way you don't have to go through the academy is if you were hired by NYPD and graduate and then resign and then come back within a year.

Comment

don't quote me on this, but I believe if you resign AFTER your probation is over, you can just come back (if the city's hiring) pretty much anytime, you'll just have to requal and stuff.
                if you resign during your probation, you'd have to re-do the academy

Comment

Originally posted by gunslash View Post
                  don't quote me on this, but I believe if you resign AFTER your probation is over, you can just come back (if the city's hiring) pretty much anytime, you'll just have to requal and stuff.
                  if you resign during your probation, you'd have to re-do the academy
                  If you resign during probation, you can come back within a year without redoing the academy. I think it's the same deal for after probation, but not sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6104 users online. 315 members and 5789 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X