Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suffolk County PD when's it going to happen?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County PD when's it going to happen?

I'm sitting here with my 97.5 (like 700 others) thinking to myself it's been a year and a half almost since i've taken this test.

I know about the budget crisis and everything - but I also work in an ER and see cops all the time - they all say the same thing, tons of overtime and they need people etc.

They also have mixed stories as to when they are going to put a class in. I've heared 2010, i've heard next summer and this september and december as well. Basically, no one knows.

So what's going on? Anyone know anything? I'm taking the NYPD test in october because i'm tired of waiting at this point.

im in the same boat as you...sounds like 2010 to me...but who knows..good luck

Comment

Sitting on a 97.5 as well... Pretty much resigned to not getting a call until 2010 (if at all). I did ask an officer the other day who told me that he expects one class to get pushed through at the end of 2009, but that's just hearsay. I don't think anyone really knows.

Comment

Try calling Steve Levy.... he might know. lol
        NYPD EXAM 3310 Taken 09/2012

Comment

just out of curiosity, the scores are good from 4 years after the list is established. Since the list came out Christmas 07 ( i think), does that mean everyone will be at a 2 yea disadvantage if they don't put a class in until 2010?

Comment

Correct, unless the list gets extended. SCPD website already says they are planning on a tentative exam in spring of 2011.

My suggestion, don't wait on SCPD; go on with your life and if they call great.

Originally posted by skeezix View Post
            just out of curiosity, the scores are good from 4 years after the list is established. Since the list came out Christmas 07 ( i think), does that mean everyone will be at a 2 yea disadvantage if they don't put a class in until 2010?
            NYPD EXAM 3310 Taken 09/2012

Comment

Aren't the town's putting in classes or is that gonna be held up as well?

Comment

sorry double posted.
                Last edited by STXHammer; 09-04-2008, 01:39 PM. Reason: double post
                When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

Originally posted by Jak_bot View Post
                  My suggestion, don't wait on SCPD; go on with your life and if they call great.
                  Don't rely on something that you are not guaranteed or that you can go through the process and not be selected. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
                  When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

The longer the wait, the better. That will weed out a lot of people who will take other jobs...

NCPD 93++
                    SCPD 97.5

What's the starting salary for Suffolk? How long are the tours?

Comment

SALARY
                      2007 starting base salary for a Police Officer is $57,811. With five (5) years of service, the base salary is $97,958*. These figures do not include paid benefits. http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/police/recruitment.htm and I think the tours are four 8 hrs not positive.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

Originally posted by joeycp View Post
                        The longer the wait, the better. That will weed out a lot of people who will take other jobs...
                        Positive thinking is always good. Between the long wait and possible lower starting salary with the new contract I think it will weed out alot of the money hungry job seekers.

If they ever get to the 95s and I make it threw the process I will take the job reguardless of salary.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jak_bot;1395162]Try calling Steve Levy.... he might know. lol
                          [/QUOTE

As long as Levy is around there will be uncertainty when it comes to Suffolk county law enforcement jobs. He cut the academy class sizes of various agencies last year, and pretty much has a hiring freeze on most county jobs overall. As far as politicians go he is worse then most. Unfortunately he is overwhelmingly popular with the general public.

Comment

my friend just got hired 9 months ago from the 03 test

Comment

Originally posted by MercuryEvo View Post
                              my friend just got hired 9 months ago from the 03 test
                              The class that was hired during 12/07 is supposedly the last class that will be hired until at least 2009.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5427 users online. 309 members and 5118 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X