300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Investigative Review

I am currently a full-time court officer in Mass and a police officer, part-time in a small town. In '05, got jammed up for a dui.

Was placed on investigative review in nov. '07.

I was never fired from the trial court and was hired as a cop after the arrest.

have any incite? do i got a chance? really interested in getting on
    Last edited by SHAUNMMC; 09-03-2008, 07:13 PM.

are you currently on investigative review?

if their was no injuries, then you should be ok
    NYPD hires guys with DWI's on their records.
    sigpic

Comment

investigative review
      Last edited by SCHPapplicant21; 10-14-2008, 08:12 AM. Reason: /'

Comment

I never said they will hire them the day after.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SHAUNMMC View Post
          I am currently a full-time court officer in Mass and a police officer, part-time in a small town. In '05, got jammed up for a dui.

Was placed on investigative review in nov. '07.

I was never fired from the trial court and was hired as a cop after the arrest.

have any incite? do i got a chance? really interested in getting on
          NYPD is funny when it comes to arrests of canidates. Alot of times the arrest itself will be grounds for DQ. Other times they will way the circumstances surrounding them. Since its been a couple years and the fact that you are still on the job in mass. I say just keep in contact with your Inv.

Comment

I was arrested twice in 2001. My arrests were for petty nonsense and happened at age 16. I was put on review but it was dropped not to long after. I am now continuing my process.
            NYPD
            Exam 5047- Passed
            Medical- Passed 8/27/08
            JST- Passed 9/8/08
            Written Psychological- Done 9/17/08
            Oral Psychological- Passed 10/2/08
            Meet with BI- Done 10/16/08
            Mini-Medical-Done 12/30/08
            Mini-Medical Part 2- 4/30/09
            Academy July 2009 (hopefully)

Comment

Bottom line, is ALWAYS discuss incidents with you BI, and DON'T rely on us to have the exactly correct answer.
              Keep moving forward if you want this job.

Comment

--------------------------
                Last edited by SCHPapplicant21; 03-14-2011, 02:02 PM. Reason: --------------------------

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a similar situation but wanted to ask some more clarity. I was originally charged with a DWI but plead to a DWAI which is a violation. This was 3 years ago next month. Do you think I'll be on review for a total of 5 years? I have my medical later this month.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brennen21 View Post
                    Hello everyone. I have a similar situation but wanted to ask some more clarity. I was originally charged with a DWI but plead to a DWAI which is a violation. This was 3 years ago next month. Do you think I'll be on review for a total of 5 years? I have my medical later this month.

Thanks!
                    Yea sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that might be too soon. Its pretty embarrassing at medical. Because first the call out all the med holds. And then they call all of the investigative holds. They don't say exactly whats going on but its pretty obvious. Everyone else gets to stay and schedule their JST and written psych.
                    NYPD
                    Exam 5047- Passed
                    Medical- Passed 8/27/08
                    JST- Passed 9/8/08

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So, I'm assuming that there is little room for discussion with anyone about this since I will not even have an investigator assigned yet?

Comment

No you will get an investigator. Everyone gets an investigator. But everyone else has to call them in 10 days. You will have to call in 5 days. I wouldn't expect too much enthusiasm from your investigator though. They will be setting up an appointment. You wont.
                        Last edited by Kyle G; 09-04-2008, 03:09 PM. Reason: addition
                        NYPD
                        Exam 5047- Passed
                        Medical- Passed 8/27/08
                        JST- Passed 9/8/08

Comment

I'm confused. I just want to make sure I understand how the process works. Let's say you took the exam 2 years ago and you wanted to start processing now. U would have to go down to APD in person with ID and transcripts and begin processing. From there they mail you a letter scheduling you for the medical. At the medical, they schedule you for the JST & psychological as well as assign you a background investigator. The last part is the background investigation. How do you find out on the same day as the medical if you're on hold for medical reasons or investigative reasons?

Originally posted by Kyle G View Post
                          Yea sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that might be too soon. Its pretty embarrassing at medical. Because first the call out all the med holds. And then they call all of the investigative holds. They don't say exactly whats going on but its pretty obvious. Everyone else gets to stay and schedule their JST and written psych.

Comment

Originally posted by SCHPapplicant21 View Post
                            That statement is a little incorrect. NYPD will not hire a DWI arrest... until you have put 5 years between yourself and the date of arrest.

Is that set in stone? Has to be 5 years? They won't hire, no questions asked, anyone with it in less time..3.5 - 4 years?, etc. Just curious. Have heard of people getting hired with DWI's but never knew how much time they had to wait.
                            NYPD when???

Comment

Originally posted by nypdhopeful09 View Post
                              Is that set in stone? Has to be 5 years? They won't hire, no questions asked, anyone with it in less time..3.5 - 4 years?, etc. Just curious. Have heard of people getting hired with DWI's but never knew how much time they had to wait.
                              NYPDhopeful ---check your PM . I think i should be able to answer your question

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5148 users online. 293 members and 4855 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X