Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick NYPD education req. question.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick NYPD education req. question.

    Do you need an Associate degree or just the 60 credits(w/ or w/o the degree) to be eligible on the education requirement? Thanks in advance guys.

  • #2
    just the 60 credits.

    Comment


    • #3
      Might as well post this in here: Anyone know details about the NYPD program where they give money back for student loans and such? I haven't found much on it on this site.
      NYPD Exam #8000

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BayRidge View Post
        Might as well post this in here: Anyone know details about the NYPD program where they give money back for student loans and such? I haven't found much on it on this site.
        Don't mean to hijack ur thread but how did your oral and written psych go? Any tips?

        Thanks.
        NYPD Exam 7/12/08
        #8305: 94%

        Medical 8/26/08 -Done
        JST 9/2/08 - Done
        Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
        Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
        Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
        Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BayRidge View Post
          Might as well post this in here: Anyone know details about the NYPD program where they give money back for student loans and such? I haven't found much on it on this site.
          Don't mean to hijack ur thread but how did your oral and written psych go? Any tips?

          Thanks.
          NYPD Exam 7/12/08
          #8305: 94%

          Medical 8/26/08 -Done
          JST 9/2/08 - Done
          Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
          Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
          Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
          Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BayRidge View Post
            Might as well post this in here: Anyone know details about the NYPD program where they give money back for student loans and such? I haven't found much on it on this site.

            Last fall when I was going through the hiring process they kept talking about the money for student loans (up to 15k i think). On the day of the mini medical they even handed out an article talking about it.

            We got sworn in on January 7th, and no one ever mentioned it again. When people asked questions no one knew anything.


            We have been at our commands for more than 2 months now and I heard the question asked to a Sgt and 2 PBA reps and no one had a clue what they were talking about.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------
            "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Alexp View Post
              Don't mean to hijack ur thread but how did your oral and written psych go? Any tips?

              Thanks.
              Written Psych was first, over 1100 or 1200 multiple choice questions in addition to some more paperwork. I finished second in the room because I really did not want to be there. As a result I got out and home pretty early, quicker than the four hours they tell you to plan for BUT I also answer one major question wrong which came into play in my oral.

              I answered this question (or something to the same effect): "I have never been paralyzed or had unusual weakness of the muscles" as False. This came up in the oral interview when he asked when I've had unusual weakness before and there was a somewhat weird exchange, like he was harping on ONE question out of twelve hundred:

              Me: What? I've never had unusual weakness before.
              Him: Well you answered right here that you have.
              Me: Oh, well I must of read the question wrong. Probably missed the 'never' part of it.
              Him: I see. Do you do that often?
              Me: What?
              Him: Do you misread things often?
              Me: No, not really.
              Him: Well how often would you say that you do?
              Me: I don't really know. I would say maybe one out of twelve hundred questions.

              He laughed a little at that but it was weird to me that he kept asking so many follow questions to something I obviously misread. Aside from that, they're both easy, just tell the "truth." By this I mean if you drink a lot, say you drink every now and then and you control yourself. If there's things that they *CAN'T* find out, like things about your social life, I see no reason to underestimate the quantity of those things.

              But then again, I haven't been hired yet!
              Good Luck!
              Last edited by BayRidge; 09-04-2008, 05:09 PM. Reason: I's bad wif spellings
              NYPD Exam #8000

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PTLovesMe81 View Post
                Last fall when I was going through the hiring process they kept talking about the money for student loans (up to 15k i think). On the day of the mini medical they even handed out an article talking about it.

                We got sworn in on January 7th, and no one ever mentioned it again. When people asked questions no one knew anything.


                We have been at our commands for more than 2 months now and I heard the question asked to a Sgt and 2 PBA reps and no one had a clue what they were talking about.
                Thanks. I figured it end up being something like this, not that it makes much more of a difference to me... but that money would be nice.
                NYPD Exam #8000

                Comment


                • #9
                  There was supposed to be a private foundation set up with donations from New Yorkers that wanted to contribute. You would get 15k divided over 5 years to pay off student loans as long as you remained in NYPD.
                  It was rumored at the time that the PBA was against the program.
                  I have no idea of it's present status...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BayRidge View Post
                    Written Psych was first, over 1100 or 1200 multiple choice questions in addition to some more paperwork. I finished second in the room because I really did not want to be there. As a result I got out and home pretty early, quicker than the four hours they tell you to plan for BUT I also answer one major question wrong which came into play in my oral.

                    I answered this question (or something to the same effect): "I have never been paralyzed or had unusual weakness of the muscles" as False. This came up in the oral interview when he asked when I've had unusual weakness before and there was a somewhat weird exchange, like he was harping on ONE question out of twelve hundred:

                    Me: What? I've never had unusual weakness before.
                    Him: Well you answered right here that you have.
                    Me: Oh, well I must of read the question wrong. Probably missed the 'never' part of it.
                    Him: I see. Do you do that often?
                    Me: What?
                    Him: Do you misread things often?
                    Me: No, not really.
                    Him: Well how often would you say that you do?
                    Me: I don't really know. I would say maybe one out of twelve hundred questions.

                    He laughed a little at that but it was weird to me that he kept asking so many follow questions to something I obviously misread. Aside from that, they're both easy, just tell the "truth." By this I mean if you drink a lot, say you drink every now and then and you control yourself. If there's things that they *CAN'T* find out, like things about your social life, I see no reason to underestimate the quantity of those things.

                    But then again, I haven't been hired yet!
                    Good Luck!

                    I see, thanks for the input bro. You should be fine and that answer you gave is pretty funny haha. Did you find out how you did on the oral yet? Also when do you schedule the oral, at the written?
                    NYPD Exam 7/12/08
                    #8305: 94%

                    Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                    JST 9/2/08 - Done
                    Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
                    Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
                    Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
                    Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 2992 users online. 160 members and 2832 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X