300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here work for NYS/NYC DOP?

I'm looking into a possible career involving social work/LE, although I would like to hear from someone who has had experience in either of these agencies. What do you like/dislike about it, salary, if you work for NYS DOP do they assign you a position far far away from where you live?

I read on the city exam archive that for a regular nyc probation officer;
    The minimum annual salary for City employees is $38,820 and the
    maximum is $56,204. The minimum annual salary for *Non-City employees is $33,757.
    Whereas; PROMOTION TO ADMINISTRATIVE PROBATION OFFICER
    THE SALARY: Salaries for promotions to managerial assignments will be consistent with the Managerial Pay Plan.
    The current minimum salary for managerial employees with at least two years of City service is $49,346 per
    annum.
    Does the pay for admin p.o just stop there?
    Would working for NYS DOP be more beneficial in terms of pay?
    Thanks
    Last edited by neversaynever; 09-02-2008, 01:09 AM.

Go back and re-read your source....there is a NYC Dept. of Probation, with various ranks/titles for Probation Officers. The counties outside NYC have their own probation Departments, not the State. New York State has Parole Officers who supervise defendants post release. They also have ranks/titles.

Comment

yes Dino is correct.

NYS Parole officers supervise convicts after they on released from jail (on parole)
      NYC/Suffolk/Nassau etc Probation officer supervise convicts who were granted probation in lieu of jail time (they were sentenced to 5 years probation, rather than 1 year of jail).
      sigpic

Comment

how long is the academy, where is it, how big is the dept in nyc prob? my gf is taking the test so im wondering. thnx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4151 users online. 201 members and 3950 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X