Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just giving a thank you to the NYPD...

Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my experience with the NYPD. I am a Detective down here in South Florida and I visited NYC for the first time this past Wed-Fri with my grandfather. Well, I went to the Yankees/Red Sox game and was speaking with an NYPD officer and he happily took me down from my high seats to be pretty much on the field, where I was able to get some autographs and take pics of the players, as well as sign the left field foul pole He was extremely nice and represented the "brotherhood" as all LEO's should. I then met another officer when I went back to my seats who was extremely nice and even attempted to get me moved to the field seats right near the players families to watch the game.

Later, my grandfather lost his camera and made a report so his insurance company could cover it. Well the officer we dealt with happily made the report for us and then gathered my personal information so he could send me some NYPD goodies (i.e. tshirt, hat, etc). I didn't even ask for it, he just generously offered it to me. He also showed me around his precinct to explain how things worked at their department.

I just wanted to share this brief experience and express my gratitude for the treatment that I was given. It really is great to see other LEO's out there that don't act high and mighty for being with a specific agency, but rather share the "brotherhood" feeling and give out that warmth and acceptance to make you feel comfortable and appreciative.

So thanks again and continue the tradition!

NYPD is a great bunch of guys. Sure there are a few who are a-holes, but every job has them. Glad to hear you had a good time.
    sigpic

Comment

That is good to hear. A lot of people have a bad view of cops in general. Too bad everyone could not have experienced what you have.

when i become a police officer....Yankee stadium here i come! lol

Comment

Rw,

I cant count how many interactions with out of town LEOs I have had with.

From LAPD to some small department in the sticks of Oregon(no offense).

If I had a patch, I would give it to them, sometimes I would have other trinkets with me such as pins and such.

I just wish all the OTHER departments were as nice as NYPD.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Stay safe and come again!
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
          Rw,

I cant count how many interactions with out of town LEOs I have had with.

From LAPD to some small department in the sticks of Oregon(no offense).

If I had a patch, I would give it to them, sometimes I would have other trinkets with me such as pins and such.

I just wish all the OTHER departments were as nice as NYPD.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Stay safe and come again!
          Thanks, I will probably send a little something up. I wanted to bring a patch, pin, pens, whatever, but our property clerk took vacation time when I did (I never knew about it either) and left early on my "friday" so I never got a chance to get them.

Comment

I'm an officer from England and visited NY for part of my honeymoon. I spoke with a few of the NYPD guys whilst there and have to say that everybody I spoke to was polite, courteous and answered any questions I had openly. Im sure it can get tiresome with tourists wanting pictures, wanting to chat etc- but those guys didnt let it show.
            What a great city to police. I'm jealous!

Comment

Hey Det. , I'm glad everything went good with you. Please come back anytime. Maybe I'll make a trip down to Fla sometime soon again. Stay Safe
              When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

Originally posted by STXHammer View Post
                Hey Det. , I'm glad everything went good with you. Please come back anytime. Maybe I'll make a trip down to Fla sometime soon again. Stay Safe
                Well if you come down to Palm Beach County, send me a msg!

Comment

10-4 ahhh the wonderful palm beach county. I'd love to work there.
                  When the public needs help, they call the police. When the police need help, they call ESU.

" To Protect and Serve"

Comment

I was in NYC last year and found the same. The guys of the NYPD and PAPD were great, very friendly, posing for photos, one showed me around the precinct and another gave me a patch. I really hope to bump into an overseas LEO while working here just so I can return the generosity

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5500 users online. 282 members and 5218 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X