300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nyc D.o.i.

Anyone have any information on this agency? I know they are not police and are primarily concerned with white collar/city employee misconduct. I saw on an old 911 forum that they have some NYPD detectives and some civilian investigators. Are the two assigned different tasks? I know that investigators are assigned to particular IG offices. Duties? I also know some civilian investigators are armed while some are not. What do they carry? Does the agency have any patrol cars or cars at all? It seems like a very unique agency and I just want some more information if it is available.

They have civilian investigators who are more like assistants, and then they have Investigators with peace officer status. The peace officers are armed, and I believe they drive unmarked crown vics.
    sigpic

Comment

They are primarily peace officers. They might have one or two detectives working in their squad for the purpose of using them for warrants, as per CPL, Peace Officers are not allowed to break a door open on a warrant.

They have two types of investigators, a general one and a confidential one.

They pay decent and you need a Bachelors degree to even get considered.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

thanks for the information. I applied a few times to know avail. I have a BA but no law enforcement. Thanks

Comment

yea I dont even think regular patrol experience would be enough for the job.
          Probably a BA, 5 years LE experience and probably at least 2 years experience in investigations.

Alot of agencies like to hire guys who already have police/peace officer certification, and experience in the field so they do not have to spend money/time training new officers/investigators.

If you really want DOI then you should try to get on a job like Spring Creek Public Safety, or Co-op city police. I believe both have Detective divisions, so you could build up your experience quick and you will get the peace officer status with them.
          sigpic

Comment

As GBO stated..

Many of the announcements will require some LE experience before you can jump ship with DOI.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Unfortunately we are on a hiring freeze now. With a prospective sale on the horizon, it looks like we might be eliminated through attrition. I hear DOI is a good gig but with limited room for advancement with not so great pay. It never hurts to apply though.
              NYPD January 2009
              Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
              JST - 9/03/08 - Pass
              Written Psych - 09/15/08 - Completed
              Oral Psych - 09/30/08 - Completed
              Meet with BI - 10/13/08 - Completed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3061 users online. 143 members and 2918 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X