300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Test Question

Hey I have a question. After speaking to one of the staff at 212-RECRUIT I am a little confuzzled. I am taking the walk in test Saturday on Lafayette Street. The young lady said that I will not get my written score for 4-6 months however if I fail, the NYPD will not send a letter stating so. Would it be quicker if I just take the written test in October or just do the walk in ? From the way she was explaining it taking the walk in test slows down the process in hiring ?

after you have completed the computerized exam... you would get a print out of your score the same day... unless they changed this format recently... who knows... but i took the walk-in exam in July...
    We're BOLD baby!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for the reply. So once I take the walk in and hopefully pass, I should hear something a few months down the line with regards to moving on with the process ? What are the benefits of taking the October test ?

Comment

Is there a limit on how often a person can take the exam?
        Why couldn't you take the walk-in and the one in October?

Comment

I took two exams back to back. I actually drove to NYC to take an exam, only to find out they were having a walk-in exam 15 minutes from my house about a month later. I took them both.

The only real benefit to taking multiple exams is that you can still be on a list and eligible for hire, should they expire one of the other lists you're on.

Comment

i just got my official score last week, and i started the academy in july! lol

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY7227 View Post
              i just got my official score last week, and i started the academy in july! lol

Did you call APD to get your list number and Med. date?
              NYPD Exam # 8305: (07.31.08)

* Medical: (10.27.08)
              * Mini Medical: (10.27.08), (5.21.10), (2.23.11), (6.10.11)
              * Meet with BI: Done (11.09.08)
              * Written psychological: Done (1.23.09)
              * Oral psychological: (1.27.09)
              * JST: 3 min. 5 sec. (4.2.09), 3 min. 13 sec. (5.22.10), 3 min. 10 sec. (4.30.11)
              * Medical: (2.23.11)

Got the call at 5:03pm on July 2nd, 2011.

July Academy

Comment

She is just telling you the legal mumbo jumbo that DCAS tells her to tell people.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

No, they contacted me...but this was in june and they were pushing me for the July start..

Comment

I did crappy on my walk in test

Comment

Well, you can always take it again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4117 users online. 250 members and 3867 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X