300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nypd gear

Does anyone have a list of gear that nypd officer must buy or carry when they get done with the academy? Ps does nypd pay for their gas masks

Originally posted by mark025 View Post
    Does anyone have a list of gear that nypd officer must buy or carry when they get done with the academy? Ps does nypd pay for their gas masks
    They will give u the list
    Normal people only see whats in front of them

Comment

Originally posted by mark025 View Post
      They give you all your anti-terrorism gear.
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

in the nypd you pay for all your gear except your vest, duty weapon, riot helmet, and terrorism..everything else you purchase at 1pp

Comment

Or from a buff shop. If you're a prospective NYPD recruit, I suggest you buy nothing until after you're in the Academy and they've taken you to 1PP to get that initial issue of gear. They're going to make you buy a certain list of stuff that day, regardless. Academy staff will also bust your chops (and potentially take cards, issue CDs) if your gear is not "authorized" - i.e., showing up with some fancy Gould & Goodrich or Safariland hi-tech nylon gunbelt is not a good idea.

They will tell you a lot of stuff that isn't true, such as that the only cuff case authorized is the one you're issued at 1PP (totally false - any cuff case is fine). But so long as you're in the Academy, what they say goes, so no sense in buying something you're going to have to buy again in order to use it at the Academy.
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3558 users online. 132 members and 3426 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X