Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I expect when stopped with a pistol in NY?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:47 PM.

Comment

GrayState-Gotcha, thanks.

Comment

A "license" is permission from an authorizing agency to perform a function, i.e., carry a weapon, drive a car. The issuing agency has the authority to revoke, limit, or just exam your license at any time. You cannot refuse to hand over your driver's license in a car stop. And check your CCW, I'd bet it states that you have to surrender your license and handguns to any Police Officer that demands same.

Comment

What would happen if you were stopped when carrying with a "To & from Shooting Range/Hunting" permit and lets say it was nighttime or you weren't near a shooting range. What would happen in that situation? Would you have to prove somehow to the LEO that you were recently shooting or hunting?

Comment

You could very well be a collar.....and you would not have to prove anything.

Comment

I believe with a to & from permit, the firearm has to be unloaded and locked up (in the trunk?)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                  I believe with a to & from permit, the firearm has to be unloaded and locked up (in the trunk?)
                  Only when traveling through NYC.

Comment

before I became a CO, I carried 24/7 on my permit. I got stopped once up here near watertown, and gave the officer my driving stuff and my pistol permit, told him I was carrying and he gave me a look like so what? and said ok, good for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5324 users online. 339 members and 4985 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X