300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYCD to NYPD

I am currently a CO on the rock and I am getting sick of the bull that is going on. I see that PD just got a much better contract. I took exam 4009 back in the day and I just signed up to take the next october exam. Should I take the NYPD exam again or should I call some number or something. If anyone has any advice or a phone number let me know or PM me. All those guys who broke free of the NYCD to the NYPD how is it?

Sharky

Call up APD and request to have your status activated for processing for the Jan 09 class
    You may have to do some searching on the phone numbers but it wont be hard.
    I doubt you will have any problem making the Jan class. They are starting the process for it next week. You already got hired by DOC so PD should be easy.

Marksdaman on here was on DOC I believe. Contact him.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PKSharky View Post
      I am currently a CO on the rock and I am getting sick of the bull that is going on. I see that PD just got a much better contract. I took exam 4009 back in the day and I just signed up to take the next october exam. Should I take the NYPD exam again or should I call some number or something. If anyone has any advice or a phone number let me know or PM me. All those guys who broke free of the NYCD to the NYPD how is it?

Sharky
      Do it!!! Me and Marksdaman did it and CarlGotti is doing it now. Your time and pay is transfered along with you so you'll be at top pay before your class mates.
      REALLY REALLY REALLY "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts in New York City!" sigpic

Comment

212 recruit and automated messaging will lead you to applicant processing division

Comment

Originally posted by PKSharky View Post

Sharky
          DO IT!!!!! Trust me when I tell you, you will feel 100 percent better... I mean there's still bull-ish with this job, but it's 100 times better than corrections... And now with the new contract, we make 76,000 top pay and that's before holiday, uniform, night diff...... January of 2010 I will be making over 50,000 a year, and that's with 2 and a half years on..... Call 212 recruit and find out if your test is still good... If not, they have walk-in exams 5 days a week........ Don't wait for the October exam, do the walk-in, that way you can start processing for the January class now....
          Really "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts In New York City"!
          sigpic

Comment

Work your processing off that OLD EXAM.

It helps out with vacation picks as a new jack in the squad.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

You said that if you go from NYC Corrections while at top pay and go to NYPD that your time and pay carry over? What number can I call to confirm this?

Is it the same if you are at top pay with FDNY or SANITATION and you go to the NYPD? I met a cop once that had 4 yrs with DSNY santation and said when he came to NYPD he only had to do 1 year and he was at top pay.

Comment

No idea for other agencies. I know since the 25k salary, things have changed big time in the contract in regards to other city agencies and starting pay. I do know for a fact that corrections is still OK to carry over pay.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5708 users online. 326 members and 5382 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X