300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice...

OK I'm interested in joining the NYPD either in Jan of 09 or July of 09. I have a suspended license right now but I will have it back on Oct 13th. I havent gotten any tickets since summer of 07 (90 in a 55 speeder), and since then, I've gotten engaged, bought a house and had a baby so I hope they see that I'm not some jerk. Only problem is back in April of 07 I also got a reckless driving arrest. It was dropped down to 70 in a 55 though because the entire thing was retarted. I already took the test in Dec 06 and they said i'm good for 4 years so the guy i spoke asked if I wanted to enter the Jan class. I need to do some jogging though to make this 1.5 mile so If i were to go into the office and re sign up, what would my timestable be? Thanks in advance

-Steve

*****UPDATE*****

Ok I got my abstract. It doesnt show every ticket ever written, it shows every ticket convicted of. I guess my guestimation was way overshot. I only have 14 tickets on my abstract. heres the breakdown:

8 suspensions
    2 revocations

------14 tickets
    8 moving violations (5 are speeding)
    6 non moving violations

1 accident

My actual abstract

Last edited by MercuryEvo; 08-28-2008, 10:51 AM.

Originally posted by MercuryEvo View Post
    OK I'm interested in joining the NYPD either in Jan of 09 or July of 09. I have a suspended license right now but I should have it back in november. I havent gotten any tickets since summer of 07, and since then, I've gotten engaged, bought a house and had a baby so I hope they see that I'm not some jerk. I already took the test in Dec 06 and they said i'm good for 4 years so the guy i spoke asked if I wanted to enter the Jan class. I need to do some jogging though to make this 1.5 mile so If i were to go into the office and re sign up, what would my timestable be? Thanks in advance

-Steve
    A kid in my company had his license suspended twice... they would not let him in the academy without 3 full years of a clean driving record after he got it back.

Good luck.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

DAMN, now i'm real confused because I've heard of other people getting in no problem. Is it just dependent on who your investigator is???

Comment

I know of some NYPD officers who were picked up as Johns (prostitution) (obviously before joining)and are on the force... so I doubt that would hold you back

**The following factors are some of those which would be cause for disqualification:**
        -Any repeated convictions of an offense which indicate a disrespect for the law, a lack of good moral character or disposition towards violence and disorder.
        Last edited by dtany; 08-27-2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dtany View Post
          I know of some NYPD officers who were picked up as Johns (prostitution) (obviously before joining)and are on the force... so I doubt that would hold you back

**The following factors are some of those which would be cause for disqualification:**
          -Any repeated convictions of an offense which indicate a disrespect for the law, a lack of good moral character or disposition towards violence and disorder.
          WOW, thats crazy about the johns.

I read that as well but thats kind of vague. That could mean that anyone who ever got 3 tickets of the same offense could be ruled out. I think its going to depend on my investigator.

Comment

OK I'm interested in joining the NYPD either in Jan of 09 or July of 09. I have a suspended license right now but I will have it back on Oct 13th. I havent gotten any tickets since summer of 07 (90 in a 55 speeder), and since then, I've gotten engaged, bought a house and had a baby so I hope they see that I'm not some jerk. Only problem is back in April of 07 I also got a reckless driving arrest. It was dropped down to 70 in a 55 though because the entire thing was retarted. I already took the test in Dec 06 and they said i'm good for 4 years so the guy i spoke asked if I wanted to enter the Jan class. I need to do some jogging though to make this 1.5 mile so If i were to go into the office and re sign up, what would my timestable be? Thanks in advance

-Steve
            90 in a 55? reckless driving? does that have anything to do with a Mitsubishi EVOlution?

Back on topic: I think the best thing to do is speak directly to your BI. Every situation is diff.

Comment

Originally posted by thecongo View Post
              90 in a 55? reckless driving? does that have anything to do with a Mitsubishi EVOlution?

Back on topic: I think the best thing to do is speak directly to your BI. Every situation is diff.
              yea, well actually both of those issues were in my gf's 07 Sti, but yea I did have an evo 9 at the time that got me a few tickets and I have an evo 10 now. Hows you know? by the name or you know me?

-Steve

Comment

-Steve
                My license was suspended 3 times (2 unpaid tickets and 1 insurance lapse) the last one was a year ago. I had to writea personal statement for each one, and I’m currently in the academy. If you show them that you learned from your mistakes you shouldn’t be a problem. Don’t forget that no one is perfect You would be fine.

Comment

Having your license suspended and getting ARRESTED for it are two wayyy different things.

That is like saying you can keep an elephant in the house as a pet. No good!

Havent you guys heard? The raise = more standards.

I know guys on the job that had more serious stuff than a suspended license rap on their record. All of them are fine police officers from my experiences with them.

In a nutshell. I would be more worried about getting through the backround than the 1.5mile run.
                  Last edited by NYCTNT; 08-27-2008, 05:42 PM.
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by July2008 View Post
                    My license was suspended 3 times (2 unpaid tickets and 1 insurance lapse) the last one was a year ago. I had to writea personal statement for each one, and I’m currently in the academy. If you show them that you learned from your mistakes you shouldn’t be a problem. Don’t forget that no one is perfect You would be fine.
                    thats good to hear

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                      In a nutshell. I would be more worried about getting through the backround than the 1.5mile run.
                      It's a good thing the NYPD doesn't require recruits to meet NYS DCJS physical fitness standards for police officers to pass the academy. You'd have way less cops on the street.

Before anyone gets bent out of shape... I am sure most people could pass those standards, but NYPD does not require it and some people could not pass if going through another academy in NY.

Comment

Picked up as johns=solicitating prostitution.

Which is NOT A FELONY.

Even if they were girls and were selling their bodies on the street, it is still a misdemeanor.
                        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

They were actually building prior work experience hoping one day to join NYPD Vice!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                            Picked up as johns=solicitating prostitution.

Which is NOT A FELONY.

Even if they were girls and were selling their bodies on the street, it is still a misdemeanor.
                            Lmfao A cop tells a hooker she can't be selling sex. She tells the cop "I'm not selling sex. So he ask what r u doing then? she tells him i'm selling condoms with free pU$$ Y samples.

Got too love that one
                            Normal people only see whats in front of them

Comment

1 under lol
                              Normal people only see whats in front of them

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3747 users online. 168 members and 3579 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X