300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paperwork for injury to PASS medical?

A friend of mine told me that if you had an injury in the past they will 100 percent fail you on medical and put you on review. Is it possible to bring paperwork to a medical and present it right away to avoid getting put on medical review? I went to a doctor and he asked me what I wanted him to write....I told him to check my wrist to make sure its ok. He checked it and then wrote on a piece of paper that its not injured and fully functional. Is this enough? Do I need some kind of a form from nypd for doctor to fill out? Or it doesn't matter what you bring, they stil put you on review and ask you to bring paperwork to somebody else or diff location?
    NYPD Exam 7/12/08
    #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
    JST 9/2/08 - Done
    Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
    Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
    Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
    Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

I would say it depends on the injury, and how long has passed between your medical. I had broke my foot last year, and passed my med with flying colors. I didn't need any paperwork or anything, but had all of it ready just in case. You also have a Dr going through the info on 80 or so candidates at a time, so they may give you a pass. Another guy in my group had a foot injury, and they made him do some extra hops on his bad foot, and said he was good to go. Better to be prepared if you can.

Comment

Injuries

100 % not true.

What is true is that "it depends"...

The injury, when, the severity, where, chance of re-ocurrance, percent of current disability from the injury.

You may be asked to exhibit some test/movement to show the examiner that the injury is no longer a problem.

Bring the paperwork, if you are asked you have it and can move the process along, (always make copies of anything you are bringing.)

Comment

Thanks guys, that kind of put me at ease. I injuried my hand while in basic and they told me since I as in training and it required a long time to heal that they can't do anything about it and I had to get out. When I got out I had no insurance so I didn't go to a doctor but the hand healed by itself over the year. It was 5 years ago.
        NYPD Exam 7/12/08
        #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
        JST 9/2/08 - Done
        Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
        Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
        Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
        Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5293 users online. 324 members and 4969 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X