X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bam987
    replied
    Originally posted by bladez718 View Post
    yeah,, its different every pct,, like mine,, they short on people,, so theres plenty of time available. all u gotta do is sign up for it
    Patrol overtime or Atlas?

Leave a comment:

• Xjarhead
    replied
    Just so you know if the contract was ratified we would be making more then rookie Sergeants. They are making 73,000 and we should be making 73,546. They filed a grievence and im sure itll change but i like to break chops, especially the 5 yr wonders!!!

P.S. Getting the range day back was a HUGE F U to the Sergeants who sold us out!!!

Leave a comment:

• bladez718
    replied
    yeah,, its different every pct,, like mine,, they short on people,, so theres plenty of time available. all u gotta do is sign up for it

Leave a comment:

• ItIsWhatItIs73
    replied
    gunslash i dont kno where u work but i worked in one of the busiest commands in the city and the bosses use to act like they were paying you out of there own pockets when it came to overtime

Leave a comment:

• gunslash
    replied
    in my command you won't have trouble pulling in 30-50 hours OT a month if you so desire...as long as your activity demands those hours no boss will bust your balls over it.

Leave a comment:

• bladez718
    replied
    o yeah, both transit and highway cops get ALOT of mandatory OT.. pretour ot and after tour ot..

Leave a comment:

• bam987
    replied
    Originally posted by bladez718 View Post
    of course,, po cannot make more than sergeants in terms of contract, but like with some overtime,, they can make more than some sergeants easily. i bumped into this sergeant from highway,, he said that with the ot that his guys do,, they top out more than him easily..
    Highway Patrol gets a lot of OT? Do they get crazy OT like Transit or modest like precint ot?

Leave a comment:

replied
    nypd

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
    I guess so. LOL.

I know myself. I would be extremely bored. I go to Flyod Bennet field often enough to know that if I was assigned there, I would be in pain.

I dont know of other national parks in other states, but since I am surely not willing to move, FBF and one or two on the Island is what is left.

In regards to USPP, do you guys get the base yearly raise of 2% or whatever it is? Or do you guys fall under some other kind of negotiation.

To answer both questions, Yes, we get the Federal COLA every year, last year it was 4.49 percent total raise, which is nice to have every january.... As far as boredom, I have a friend who was NYPD and in the 67, or 76, he left after 7 years to go to USSS UD, and he says he got all the "police work" out of his system and is very happy guarding the WH..

BK is not bad in the summer, FBF, Riis Park Jamaica Bay riding acad. If you want to find stuff you can, even SI parks if you dig, you get stuff to keep you busy, now winter time, yes, boring, go to College and get your masters degree ort something, that why, After working in the NYFO, I moved to DC, real police work, chases almost every night, and because we work 12's down here, i visit family in NY often, only a 3-4 hr drive...

be safe
    Last edited by 2971511; 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• bladez718
    replied
    of course,, po cannot make more than sergeants in terms of contract, but like with some overtime,, they can make more than some sergeants easily. i bumped into this sergeant from highway,, he said that with the ot that his guys do,, they top out more than him easily..

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    A PO cannot make more than a Sgt as per the law.
    Pay will be adjusted for Sgt steps to have the proper increases over PO's

I think a top pay PO for 2008 is 73k and starting pay Sgt for 2008 is 76k though.

Leave a comment:

• wpaterno
    replied
    Top pay will go up to 76000. That figure in the 90's includes night diff, longevity, uniforms.... so it really it's top pay

Leave a comment:

• bladez718
    replied
    this contract is good, but not Great... i mean,, hopefully we can get something alot better in the next rounds of contract negotiation in the future where our top pay will be market.. but its hard bc if our sergeants top pay is not market..

Leave a comment:

• bladez718
    replied
    well,, the top pay for sergeants is 102k.. now the Po who has 5+ yrs on,, if they do enough overtime,, they will pass 102k mark easily

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    I really do not know much about the USPP. Personally it wouldnt be the job for me. The pay looks really good, but I dont know what there is to do in the winter time. With NYSPP I know they go out on the highways and patrol there. Plus theres a few villages in suffolk and nassau county where the primary PD is NYSPP.

Leave a comment:

• NYCTNT
    replied
    I guess so. LOL.

I know myself. I would be extremely bored. I go to Flyod Bennet field often enough to know that if I was assigned there, I would be in pain.

I dont know of other national parks in other states, but since I am surely not willing to move, FBF and one or two on the Island is what is left.

In regards to USPP, do you guys get the base yearly raise of 2% or whatever it is? Or do you guys fall under some other kind of negotiation.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4729 users online. 281 members and 4448 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X