Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, I just dont want to step on anyones toes. I dont have the first hand knowledge that you have of NYPD's paperwork. Just what I have been told.

I dont really know how NCPD's system is run that well, I do know (not sure if its the same way with the big job) that for alot of reports PO's must call the squad and relay their information to finish the paperwork depending on the crime (I think things like crim misc.).
    sigpic

Comment

I think the hardest part of working for the NYPD is finding a typewriter that works properly so you can fill out a voucher.

As far a comparing NYPD and anywhere else.... you just can't. It has it's own little niche that can't be duplicated.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wpaterno View Post
        I think the hardest part of working for the NYPD is finding a typewriter that works properly so you can fill out a voucher.

As far a comparing NYPD and anywhere else.... you just can't. It has it's own little niche that can't be duplicated.
        Lord. Took me over 3 hours to wait for one working typewriter for a voucher that took 5 minutes the other day. Granted I was a guest at the house but for the past 5 years I have been there, there has only been one working typewriter.
        NYPD January 2009
        Medical - 9/02/08 - Pass
        JST - 9/03/08 - Pass
        Written Psych - 09/15/08 - Completed
        Oral Psych - 09/30/08 - Completed
        Meet with BI - 10/13/08 - Completed

Comment

USPP Comparative salary for NYFO:

Hire $50,663
          after 1 $53,713
          after 2 $56,880
          3 $59,488
          5 $63,673
          7 $67,908
          9 $70,513
          11 $73,786
          15 $78,423
          18 $83,002
          22 $88,025
          26 $88,525
          30 $91,232

4 10 hour days with 3 days off or 3 12 followed by 3 off and then 3 12 and an 8 followed by 4 off.....

So while NYPD reaches top step sooner, we start out quite a bit higher.

This does not include 10% night diff after 6:00PM or Sunday premium @ 25%.... for Exaample when i work sat nite sun for two weeks i get an additional $800. in my check that about $9,600 more per year for steady mids with sunday premium,, does not include my night diff, which bumps me up an additional 6K...
          Last edited by 2971511; 08-25-2008, 10:01 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

No offense but I would be bored out of my mind.

I got a friend of mine that went to uspp and left after a year. he is with pentagon police now.

This was about 4 years ago.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

ehhh, TNT I think its what you make of it.
              I think if you want to be active, you really have to be proactive. Look for things to do, rather than show up after its done.
              I guess I'm just an optimist though.
              sigpic

Comment

I guess so. LOL.

I know myself. I would be extremely bored. I go to Flyod Bennet field often enough to know that if I was assigned there, I would be in pain.

I dont know of other national parks in other states, but since I am surely not willing to move, FBF and one or two on the Island is what is left.

In regards to USPP, do you guys get the base yearly raise of 2% or whatever it is? Or do you guys fall under some other kind of negotiation.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

I really do not know much about the USPP. Personally it wouldnt be the job for me. The pay looks really good, but I dont know what there is to do in the winter time. With NYSPP I know they go out on the highways and patrol there. Plus theres a few villages in suffolk and nassau county where the primary PD is NYSPP.
                  sigpic

Comment

well,, the top pay for sergeants is 102k.. now the Po who has 5+ yrs on,, if they do enough overtime,, they will pass 102k mark easily

Comment

this contract is good, but not Great... i mean,, hopefully we can get something alot better in the next rounds of contract negotiation in the future where our top pay will be market.. but its hard bc if our sergeants top pay is not market..

Comment

Top pay will go up to 76000. That figure in the 90's includes night diff, longevity, uniforms.... so it really it's top pay
                        sigpic

Comment

A PO cannot make more than a Sgt as per the law.
                          Pay will be adjusted for Sgt steps to have the proper increases over PO's

I think a top pay PO for 2008 is 73k and starting pay Sgt for 2008 is 76k though.
                          sigpic

Comment

of course,, po cannot make more than sergeants in terms of contract, but like with some overtime,, they can make more than some sergeants easily. i bumped into this sergeant from highway,, he said that with the ot that his guys do,, they top out more than him easily..

Comment

nypd

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                              I guess so. LOL.

I know myself. I would be extremely bored. I go to Flyod Bennet field often enough to know that if I was assigned there, I would be in pain.

I dont know of other national parks in other states, but since I am surely not willing to move, FBF and one or two on the Island is what is left.

In regards to USPP, do you guys get the base yearly raise of 2% or whatever it is? Or do you guys fall under some other kind of negotiation.

To answer both questions, Yes, we get the Federal COLA every year, last year it was 4.49 percent total raise, which is nice to have every january.... As far as boredom, I have a friend who was NYPD and in the 67, or 76, he left after 7 years to go to USSS UD, and he says he got all the "police work" out of his system and is very happy guarding the WH..

BK is not bad in the summer, FBF, Riis Park Jamaica Bay riding acad. If you want to find stuff you can, even SI parks if you dig, you get stuff to keep you busy, now winter time, yes, boring, go to College and get your masters degree ort something, that why, After working in the NYFO, I moved to DC, real police work, chases almost every night, and because we work 12's down here, i visit family in NY often, only a 3-4 hr drive...

be safe
                              Last edited by 2971511; 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by bladez718 View Post
                                of course,, po cannot make more than sergeants in terms of contract, but like with some overtime,, they can make more than some sergeants easily. i bumped into this sergeant from highway,, he said that with the ot that his guys do,, they top out more than him easily..
                                Highway Patrol gets a lot of OT? Do they get crazy OT like Transit or modest like precint ot?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4595 users online. 276 members and 4319 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X