300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads or Tails

Lets see who to believe....guys like us on an Internet site or a PBA Representative.....hmmmmmmmm

Comment

So you went with tails ?

As per the printout on the first page here;

All PO & PPO get 4% each anniversary day of;
      August 1, 2006, August 1, 2007, August 1, 2008, and August 1, 2009.

Which means that people in the Academy now will have three 4% bumps in the current salary totals which will bring them to around 40 + K.

August 1, 2009 Academy and 1/2 year rookies are at 41.9K after the last 4 % bump.

This 08 class will get a retro check back to early July, 2008 when ever NYC gets around to printing it.

AS PER your PBA Rep.

Comment

Heah thats GREAT, bout time you guys get a raise... I really dont think that in the long run it will help stem the tide of officers bailing out, especailly when NYSP, NCPD, and SCPD all pay so much more.. The fed jobs also pay better,,,, USPP starts at 48K and goes up to over 50K right after FLETC.... we had a bunch of NYPD officers come over last few classes. to bad they cant give you what you all deserve.

Comment

this NYPD contract has closed the gap between NYSP by about 3 thousand dollars. The difference is only 10k more with NYSP.
          However bosses with NYSP make more, and I believe downstate officers get like a 10k location pay lol.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
            Heah thats GREAT, bout time you guys get a raise... I really dont think that in the long run it will help stem the tide of officers bailing out, especailly when NYSP, NCPD, and SCPD all pay so much more.. The fed jobs also pay better,,,, USPP starts at 48K and goes up to over 50K right after FLETC.... we had a bunch of NYPD officers come over last few classes. to bad they cant give you what you all deserve.
            Even when the starting pay was 40,000 in 7/05 people took the job Graduated stayed a year or so and would leave when a better Law Enforcement positioned opened up for them. Nothing will change other then they shouldn't have a problem filling up classes.The last couple of years there were really struggling to get 1,000 recruits now they should be able to get close to 2,000 recruits. This job though will continue to struggle to retain veterans between 4-10 yrs on until the working conditions improve that also includes going to a more modern chart.

Comment

The only thing was with the 40k starting pay back in 7/05 the top pay was only 54k after 5 years.
              Today the starting pay is 40k and top 76k.

If (and I dont think this will happen) the NYPD went to 10 or 12 hour tours or the coveted chart orange that NCPD has, then I can see PO's staying put.
              At top pay working 10 days a month would be hard to leave for a job where you work more but make more.
              With a better chart you have the option of working more OT and making more money without killing yourself.
              sigpic

Comment

If the NYPD went to 10 or 12 hour charts. How would that work? They have like 6 diffrent unions. Aren't tour changes in the contracts?

Comment

They are, but not tour changes in that sense...the length of our workdays is mandated in our contracts. POs work 8:35, Sgts work 8:57, and so on. If there were a real will to make it happen, we could go to 10 or 12 hour tours. It'd just require a change in the next contract regarding our workdays/charts/appearances. The unions might need to get together to figure out how to make it happen, but it could be done.

The different ranks already all provide 24-hour/365-days coverage. There would be some definite headaches, but it'd work out. For example, let's say the PBA got a new contract with 12-hour tours. You'd have cops working 2/3 of a tour on patrol with one sarge and the other 1/3 with another. Annoying, yes. Paperwork hassle for the bosses, yes. But I guarantee you the other unions would jump right on board when it was time to negotiate their new contacts. Everyone, whether PO, Sgt., Det., or Lt., wants fewer appearances.
                  Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

I would work 10 but not 12 hour tours.

Too much nonsense in 12 hours to be running around to all day.
                    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

would you do that running around working only 10 days per month?

NCPD's chart is 2 on 3 off, 3 on 4 off. Best part time job in the world.
                      sigpic

Comment

NCPD doesnt nearly have as much paperwork, nonsense and radio runs as we do here in the city.

A cop can go to up to 30+ jobs per tour. Certain commands are almost always in backlog.

Comment

Sorry NYCTNT, I dont mean to question you here but NCPD actually has more paperwork. This info came from my uncle, who is on NCPD and formerly NYPD.

Theres commands in NC thats in backlog too. About 1 year ago there was a big problem between officers and the executive, officers were being flown to other commands when they were in backlog and short staffed.
                          Depending on where you work in nassau it could be crazy all night long especially in the 5th, 3rd, and 4th.

Again, not questioning you. You (or I) might have wrong info on the paperwork.
                          sigpic

Comment

That's true, but where a NCPD precinct has 30 patrol units out per night, a comparable city precinct (111, 106, etc.) will put out 4 or 5 cars for the same or usually much more work. And just to clarify that info was given to me by a 7th precinct NCPD cop who crossed over from the 75 in Brooklyn.

Comment

yes thats true, but in the 7th they have a lot of posts whose cars are out of service alot of the time (704,718, and 714 are out of service alot). I wouldnt go as far as to say 30 rmps are out, but maybe 20 or so. A NC pct is also alot bigger than an NYPD pct so theres more area to cover. Also those 5 sectors in the 106 has 2 PO's assigned to it, in NC your riding solo. So 2 NC radio car is the equivalent 1 city radio car.

1 NC post is the area of 1 NYC pct btw.
                              sigpic

Comment

GBO,

LOL, no need to apologize to me buddy. We are all here for each other. You might know something I dont know.

I just know that my job entails a whole lot of paperwork. Not only on patrol but for a simple arrest as well.

Im sure that SC and NCPD have a much better system at the very least.

It might be a whole lot more area to cover, but im sure its a hell lot of more CIVILIZED PEOPLE in that area to cover.

A small 1 mile by 1 mile precinct in brooklyn can generate enough reports to cut down a rainforest for the paper.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5521 users online. 297 members and 5224 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X