300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say so!
    Dont spend it all in one place when you get it.
    sigpic

Comment

use your sick time.

13 vacation days?!?!?!? %1/2 years to top pay?!?!? I came on 1/84. 3 years to top pay,20 vacation days in your first year,27 after that..................enjoy your unlimited sick rookies
      retired cop

Comment

when i was in my precinct today, every1 seem to have alotta eye brows raised.. out of nowhere, bloomberg gave us this deal with no givebacks.. i know that pba drop 6 lawsuits against the city of ny, but its wierd u know. the veteran cops are soo happy in my precinct, with OT, they sometimes make more than some sergeants.

overall, its a decent raise..i still think we should be at 80k top pay.. hopefully it gets better.
        ps:i wonder how after 2010, what #'s we gonna get..

Comment

Ahh in 2010 is where it will get tricky. Whatever they let us keep, they will probably want back.

I was very happy to hear the numbers when they came in.

Longevity alone is about 4k or so. I guess 76 is when you strictly work day tour and get no lick of night diff.
          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
            Ahh in 2010 is where it will get tricky. Whatever they let us keep, they will probably want back.

I was very happy to hear the numbers when they came in.

Longevity alone is about 4k or so. I guess 76 is when you strictly work day tour and get no lick of night diff.
            I was very happy when I heard the numbers too, it just sucks we have to wait until next year to see that retro check/pay raise. They're going to tax the crap out of those retro checks.
            "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
              I was very happy when I heard the numbers too, it just sucks we have to wait until next year to see that retro check/pay raise. They're going to tax the crap out of those retro checks.
              hmm, so the raise for recruits doesn't start until 09? I'm a bit confused on when I'll be seeing the raise in my paycheck and retro.

Comment

First the contract has to be ratified.

Second, if ratified, there are three 4% raises that will be due as of
                August 1, 2006, 2007, AND 2008.

Third, if ratified, that will have 2 consequences; 1. a raise in your takehome, and 2. a lump sum distribution both depending on your enlistment date.

Most people concerned with top pay at this time on this board should just take a breath, several more contracts will come and be gone before you are ready to pull the plug.

Bottom line, you're getting more $ and most likely none of us came here for the dollars. (as most of us newbies were taking tests and getting paperwork when the $ was mid 20's for the Academy.)

Great day, hit the beaches today, spend some of those "new" bucks.

Comment

pretty good contract overall, no givebacks and a nice increase imo
                  sure it's not nassau or anything, but it's progress...considering 7 months ago the top pay was $59k and start was $25k...
                  obviously bloomberg has further political aspirations and who wouldn't wan't a union like pba endorsing him after he "saved the nypd"..just my opinnion.
                  well and once's it's ratified i think most rookies should be seeing about $40k or so until july 09 then it's $41k or so ,august 09 it's up to the $43k range

Comment

From 2002-2005, starting pay was 40 and you got 20 vacation days your first 5 years. With this contract, starting pay is 41 and you get 13 vacation days your first 5 years. Also, you don't get your first raise until a year after graduating the academy. So there are many givebacks built into this new contract.

Comment

How does this benefit veterans PO? do they get a raise also or retro?

Comment

they get the raise and the retro
                        sigpic

Comment

so say someone with 18 years on how much of a raise do they get and how much retro? See im not exactly sure how the contract system works i thought it was just for those hired after 06.

Comment

76, it's 91 with benefits included

Comment

Originally posted by richbrown123456 View Post
                              so say someone with 18 years on how much of a raise do they get and how much retro? See im not exactly sure how the contract system works i thought it was just for those hired after 06.
                              Somebody with 18 years right now doing a 12x8 recieves:

Base Salary 73,546 (76,488 doesn't go into effect till 8/09)
                              ND 7,354
                              Longevity 6,300
                              Total: 87,200 /26= $3353 before taxes per week with no OT, Holiday or uniform added in

Old contract

Base Salary 65,636
                              ND 6,563
                              Longevity 5,745
                              Total: 77,944/26 =$2997

So to answer your question guys with time on are going to get a very much deserved pay increase. You also have to remember the old contract I posted was just rewarded in May prior to that was max pay was 59,800. While were still underpaid at least the city can now say that the pay is somewhat competitive with other surrounding Police departments excluding Suffolk and Nassau.

Comment

What was the stuff I read on here about no retro checks till 8/09?

At roll call our rep talked to us today and said the ballots are due by 9/25 at 9am, the contract should be ratified and accepted by 10/1 and we should expect retro and payraises by december....

Was that bad info?
                                -----------------------------------------------------------------
                                "Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5093 users online. 291 members and 4802 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X