300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Transit Trains / Metro North

Hey everyone. Just a quick question for those with any experience. I'm currently living in NJ, but preparing to move into either Rockland, or Westchester (both to be closer to my current job, and to set up residency for NYPD requirments.) I've heard conflicting information about riding the trains, and it will help determine where I move to.

Please correct any misinformation I have, I'm ok with be wrong, it's only the interent!

As NYPD, you can ride Metro North trains for free, but can you also ride the NJ Transit line which runs into Rockland County? I'm trying to figure out which side of the Tappan Zee to move to, and the Rockland side works now, but IF I'm able to pass muster and make the January class, I don't want to be stuck with a (too) costly commute.

Thanks

Originally posted by FutaCOP
    I am pretty sure you have to pay for NJ Transit.
    Actually no, you will not pay for NJ Transit trains if you live in ROckland County as while its operated by NJT livery the line is operated and maintained by Metro-North personell. Remember you have to live in NY counties to work for NYPD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3128 users online. 149 members and 2979 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X