300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research analysis project on NYPD MOS

Hi, im doing a research project on hiring methods of the NYPD, looked around and thought this would be the best place to ask. Has anyone here ever been successfully appointed as a police officer in the New York State with a Certificate of Good Conduct, or know of anyone that has been appointed with one? you can pm me also if you would not like that info to be divulged. Just to be clear, this is for educational purposes only. thanks!

What exactly is a certificate of good conduct?

Comment

Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
      What exactly is a certificate of good conduct?
      "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

????

Do some research on the material before you start asking questions.
        sigpic

Comment

Let's not reprimand anyone who may just be confused... if he really wants his answer he'll post back restating what he meant.

Comment

I'm going out on a limp, but maybe a cerificate of good conduct is like a certificate of relief? So he may be asking if anyone has been hired to the NYPD with a felony...which I pretty sure the answer is a big no.

And that said, a ceriticate of relief doesn't take away a felony to my knowledge, the only way you are getting a felony discarded is maybe a pardon from the governer, which with the clown we got now in office (a blind, horny, former drug addict) may not be too hard...good luck with your "research project"...
            "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character, give him power."
            -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by neversaynever View Post
              Hi, im doing a research project on hiring methods of the NYPD, looked around and thought this would be the best place to ask. Has anyone here ever been successfully appointed as a police officer in the New York State with a Certificate of Good Conduct, or know of anyone that has been appointed with one? you can pm me also if you would not like that info to be divulged. Just to be clear, this is for educational purposes only. thanks!
              You are kidding, right? Are things that hopeless in the NYPD

Comment

a cirtificate of good conduct is just an official document based on your finger prints from your resident state. Stating that you have no criminal record or what ever is in your record.

I've had to get one when iwas applying to DCPD.

Comment

Never heard of that in NY. Certificate of Relief from Civil Disabilities does not require any law enforcement agency to hire any one with a conviction on his/her record. Even a dismissal can be viewed by LE employers.

Comment

Even today if you had 5 years cut from your sentence for good conduct (which means original sentence of 15 years) NYPD would most likely not take you..........but who knows?

Comment

In my new career, I still run into a lot of great cops.....but the job's bosses are doing their best to screw over their troops.

Comment

So Fla Cop....By the way, how's the weather? I won't be down until end of September, hoping to play some golf with a retired buddy in Ft. Lauderdale, but wife is going down to Delray Beach with a friend this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                          ????

Do some research on the material before you start asking questions.
                          Well that's the point of asking questions. A stupid question is a question not asked.
                          "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
                          Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
                          LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

----------------------------------------
                          RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
                          "...Till We Meet Again"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5934 users online. 356 members and 5578 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X