300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a firing range NYC/LI

I doubt they have any in NYC but LI would be great.

I currently do not own a gun and have never shot a gun. I think it would help atleast firing a gun once or twice just to get an understanding of what it feels like.

Where do you go?

Actually the people who traditionally do the best are new officers that have never shot before.... no bad habits to break...

I dont know of any ranges in the NYC/LI area that will rent you a gun,,,,, you need to bring your own.... in LI there was an outdoor range @ Calverton LI... and an indoor run by Nassau County my mind is drawing a blank,, the park next to NUMC, in East Meadow.... I donrt know of any pvt ranges in NYC,, i'm sure there are a few.

Comment

I'm not to sure to many exist that are open to the public in the city and I'm not to familiar with long island either, but just north of the city, in yonkers there is one, here is the site: http://www.coyneparkrange.net/index2.php\

Also there is a nice outdoor one about 45 mins to an hour from midtown, here is that site:http://www.westchestergov.com/parks/SportsmanCenter.htm
      "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you really want to test a man's character, give him power."
      -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

There is an indoor range on 112 out in Medford, between south of the expressway IIRC on the east side of 112. They let us rent a .22 and a 9mm, we didn't inquire about handguns/pistols though they did have them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
          Actually the people who traditionally do the best are new officers that have never shot before.... no bad habits to break...
          I saw that on an episode of "The Academy" as well. I do think it's true but at the same time they portrayed a few recruits who froze up because they let the emotions overcome them when they had to fire for the first time. I certainly don't want to be one of those people.

I guess it's a double edge sword

thanks for the responses everyone

Comment

theres one in islip on freeman ave.

Comment

I come here to shoot all the time. A lotta cops from Brooklyn & S.I. come here as well. Gotta walk with your Dept ID. $12 for all day range use. $15 for a box 50 9mm rounds. $1 for one target & .50 cents for any additional. Eye/ear protection & gun cleaning stations also available. Bunch of friendly old Italian guys from the neighborhood who run the range.

Bay Ridge Rod & Gun Club Inc.
              6716 Fort Hamilton Parkway
              Brooklyn, New York 11219-5846
              Tel: (718) 745-1067
              Fax: (718) 491-4558
              "...There are the wolves, and the wolves feed on the sheep without mercy.
              Then there are sheepdogs, and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."
              LtCol. Dave Grossman (Ret. US Army Ranger)

----------------------------------------
              RIP PO Brandon Rocke (NBBS/67 PCT/70 PCT) | EOT 04/04/2009
              "...Till We Meet Again"

Comment

i cant think of the name offhand (ive been gone a few years now), but there is an gunshop/indoor range on horseblock rd. in medford out in suffolk county exit 64 LIE. they rent handguns.

also, there is the outdoor range run by the Town of Brookhaven. Rt. 25 in calverton.

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
                  an indoor run by Nassau County my mind is drawing a blank,, the park next to NUMC, in East Meadow.
                  Nassau County Rifle and Pistol Range at Mitchel Athletic Complex

Uniondale, Charles Lindbergh Boulevard
                  516-572-0420
                  Hours (fall - spring): Monday - Friday 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; Saturday - Sunday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Last booking is one hour prior to closing.
                  Summer Hours (July - August): Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (closed Saturday - Sunday).

Last booking is one hour prior to closing.

On-site staff: Yes

The Nassau County Rife and Pistol Range is the only such facility open to the public in the county. There are six ranges and 30 individual shooting points available, and targets can be set from 5 yards to 30 yards. Hunting safety classes are also offered. No membership fee is required, but an admission fee is charged (ranging from $3.50 to $15). The range is located at the Mitchel Field Athletic Complex in the "Hub" area, just west of the Nassau Coliseum.
                  I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

The Freeport Revolver and Rifle Association

http://www.freeportrevolver.com/Index.htm

Comment

The Nassau Range, in my opinion is OK but their customer service sucks. My friends, co workers and myself have experienced this behavior.

I guess either they dont like nyc cops or they dont like to be asked questions.
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

The Nassau Range, in my opinion is OK but their customer service sucks. My friends, co workers and myself have experienced this behavior.

Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post

I shoot there often - never a problem.
                          I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

seneca gun club in ridgewood,stuyvesant gun club dry harbor rd and 80 st...both in the 104
                            retired cop

Comment

Originally posted by CAnde View Post
                              There is an indoor range on 112 out in Medford, between south of the expressway IIRC on the east side of 112. They let us rent a .22 and a 9mm, we didn't inquire about handguns/pistols though they did have them.
                              That place is the pits. There's a guy working there that is beyond idiotic. Older, buzzcut and a fu-man-chu type mustache. He is good friends with a Chief of SCPD and he gives all other LEO's a hard time - when they ask what his problem is, he responds with something along the lines of "Yeah? you don't like it? What are YOU gonna do?" and literally leans over the counter and gets within a few inches of your face. Saw it happen once, heard about it twice more. Guy has an attitude to begin with, but it gets worse when he finds out you're a LEO.

Believe the name of the place is Bensons, but I might be getting it mixed up with the place on 25 in Coram.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3814 users online. 202 members and 3612 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X