300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing in NYC

I've started to become interested in the NYPD but housing is so ridiculous in the city. Is there some website or group I can contact to help me find a place that won't take more than half of my starting salary?

newyork.craigslist.org. You'll need to do some digging, but you should be able to find something eventually. The bottom line is that living in the five boros is very expensive. You might do better to look for something on Long Island, or even Westchester/Yonkers. The commute may be longer, but you'll save on rent since public transit will be free for you.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

"You've got to be good in this business, but you've got to get a lot of breaks. If you don't realize that, if you really think you're sitting here because of your genius or anything, I don't know, maybe your background is different, but I got my butt kicked a lot at every level, including this one."

- Stan Van Gundy

Comment

Originally posted by Back to NYC View Post
      newyork.craigslist.org. You'll need to do some digging, but you should be able to find something eventually. The bottom line is that living in the five boros is very expensive. You might do better to look for something on Long Island, or even Westchester/Yonkers. The commute may be longer, but you'll save on rent since public transit will be free for you.
      Do city employees get free transit or something?

Comment

The Police Officers do ride the Long Island Railroad, MetroNorth Railroad, and NYC Subway for free, the bus also.

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
          Do city employees get free transit or something?
          We get free Subways,buses. basically anything less than 3bucks. LIRR you get for free too when you get your Official ID or while in the recruit uniform.
          "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

I too was once looking at moving up to NYC but actually got some advice in this same forum to look out on the west coast, I see you are from South Dakota so you might wanna look that way as well, Vegas, AZ, California St, almost start out making twice as much and cost of living about 10x lesser. Just a thought. Good luck either way!

Comment

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
              I too was once looking at moving up to NYC but actually got some advice in this same forum to look out on the west coast, I see you are from South Dakota so you might wanna look that way as well, Vegas, AZ, California St, almost start out making twice as much and cost of living about 10x lesser. Just a thought. Good luck either way!
              consider his advise too. There are lot more agencies that will take better care of you and pay you at market cost.
              "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6147 users online. 353 members and 5794 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X