300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albany Police

Anybody have any information on this department, was thinking about taking the test.
    Thanks

You have to be a resident of Albany or one of the surrounding counties for at least 30 days prior to the exam. So if you are, then go for it, it's only $12.50.

Comment

Any info on pay and step increases?
      Department morale?

Comment

I imagine meeting some nice ladies from SUNY Albany would be nice lol

Comment

Well Im from Chicago and was planning on moving there with my girlfriend because that is where she is from. Im also having a problem with the residency, because I would prefer not to live there until I got hired.

Comment

Morale seems ok. Albany is a considered a city, but it is still pretty small. Just some food for thought, when NYC cleaned up its act and all the vagrants and other "non-desirable" folk left the city, where do you think most of them went? Albany, NY. APD officers also go to every medical call in the city, last year there were about 60,000. So prepare yourself for the incompetence the of Albany Fire Dept (They are the primary EMS providers). Lots of drunk calls (there are 5 colleges in Albany). No way to get around the residency requirements. Most upstate NY police/fire exam require at least 30 day residency prior to taking the test. On a good note, I know APD is in need of officers. Good luck

Comment

I live in East Greenbush, NY which is 5 miles from albany. I plan to take the Renssalaer County test which I think is being offered in December. I would like to be a Renssalaer or East Greenbush officer.

I wouldn't mind Albany or Colonie either but I dont reside in that county.
              Trying to get on in NY...
              PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3409 users online. 174 members and 3235 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X