300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up state NY, who sponsors

Just curious what PD around Albany sponsors recruits through the PT academy, and how to get sponsored?

I would also like to know how this works.
    Trying to get on in NY...
    PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

I think you have to be hired as a part time police officer by the town/county/village. From there the PD will fill out forms for the PO registry and put you down as part time/full time/volunteer and the weapons you will carry (OC, baton, firearm). Then once the registry goes through, you will be placed into the next academy class whether it is a local PD or the PD's own academy. I believe the academys are usually 4 days a week for 6 months.

If you want to be sponsored you have to contact the PD, put in an application for PT Police Officer, go through NYS civil service processing for PO (medical, BI, psych etc) and then the chief will (or should) hire you. For a PT academy I do not think you will be paid for training, but they do pay for the training. Not you, so your getting NYS PO certified for free.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
        I think you have to be hired as a part time police officer by the town/county/village. From there the PD will fill out forms for the PO registry and put you down as part time/full time/volunteer and the weapons you will carry (OC, baton, firearm). Then once the registry goes through, you will be placed into the next academy class whether it is a local PD or the PD's own academy. I believe the academys are usually 4 days a week for 6 months.

If you want to be sponsored you have to contact the PD, put in an application for PT Police Officer, go through NYS civil service processing for PO (medical, BI, psych etc) and then the chief will (or should) hire you. For a PT academy I do not think you will be paid for training, but they do pay for the training. Not you, so your getting NYS PO certified for free.
        gbotj,

Thank you for the input. Right now the next civil service exam is in December I believe.. I cant apply anywhere without taking that correct? I.E they hire off the list. I just want to get the process jump started as much as I can as I know it is painfully long. (Which it should be).
        Trying to get on in NY...
        PM me if you hear of any upstate NY departments that are giving a civil service test.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4122 users online. 212 members and 3910 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X